Spoilers Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 1x03 - "Ghosts of Illyria"

Hit it!

• Total voters
So, I guess that communicates Una is intended to be an alien, not from a human colony that goes by the name Illyrian

Other way around the Illyrians from "Enterprise" are highly modified humans. The original "Illyrians" would have left Earth at the earliest opportunity.

Well, there is no real confirmation, one way or another. However, we do know that the JJverse diverged the timeline around Kirk's birth, long after the Earth-Romulan War.

It diverged before then, according to Word Of God, because time travel is sufficiently prevalent in the Star Trek universe that changing the future also changes the past. Nero's incursion caused retroactive alterations to the timeline before he'd even arrived.

84SAZOb.gif

It diverged before then, according to Word Of God, because time travel is sufficiently prevalent in the Star Trek universe that changing the future also changes the past. Nero's incursion caused retroactive alterations to the timeline before he'd even arrived.
Well of course, other time travel events in Trek, such as in First Contact, have also made their mark, but Nero's change, specifically, didn't affect the past of where he ended up in the timeline. I don't see how it could be retroactive, so I'd like you to explain. I mean, the changes made in the past stay there. Otherwise ANY change would create a time loop or paradox. Avengers Endgame kind of made a lot of sense in that respect.

The Denobulans would disagree.

And the Illyrians in this episode suffered and died out because they tried to de-engineer themselves to be normal.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of genetic enhancement in the right areas.

Imagine if you could agument yourself to be better, imagine what it could do for your quality of life.
Perhaps humor could be added. Twas a joke.

If Khan was La'an's ancestor, wouldn't she be an augment as well?

M'Benga's little girl was adorable.

Khan disappears in 1996 and La'an is probably born around 2235. That's 239 years. Augment DNA would be pretty thinned out after two centuries.

Back