Season 5 Episode Titles Revealed

MU gets an undeserved short shrift in my opinion.
Even though I was mildly annoyed that DS9 turned the Terrans into "good" guys (I'm using the term loosely because it's the Mirror Universe), I was glad they made up for it by showing the Mirror Bajorans, Klingons, and Cardassians were all just as bad as the Terrans were when they had their empire. At least as much as was possible to show on '90s syndicated TV meant for family viewing.

Still, I would've preferred the Dark Mirror version of the 24th Century Mirror Universe over what we actually got. I remember reading that book when I was in high school and I could picture everything in my head, wishing I'd have been able to see it on a TV screen.

it was to the 23rd Century MU

The Guardian doesn't say specifically to when he would be sending Georgiou, only that it was to a time when the two universes were much closer together. They were pretty close together in the 24th century too.

don't think they'll abandon the 32nd Century as a setting

They won't abandon it as they have a ton of props and costumes and sets that they can continue to use and save money. Plus we know from the press release of Starfleet Academy it's likely to be set in the 32nd century, given the emphasis on it featuring the first class in a 120 years. My feeling is the franchise will span 3 time periods. SNW will represent the 23rd century, Lower Decks and a new live action series will represent the 24th century and Starfleet Academy will take place in the 32nd

The Guardian doesn't say specifically to when he would be sending Georgiou, only that it was to a time when the two universes were much closer together. They were pretty close together in the 24th century too.
To clarify: I meant Carl sent her back to the 23rd Century Mirror Universe for the duration of the two-parter to see how much she'd changed. I didn't mean that Carl sent her back there at the very end, when she said goodbye to Burnham.

Episode 1 synopsis released
https://vxtwitter.com/thetrekcentral/status/1745379968291340341?s=46&t=19UwMofM_0s_rzDRlf07ZA

“Capt Burnham & the Discovery are sent to retrieve a mysterious 800 year-old Romulan vessel; until the artifact hidden inside is stolen, leading to an epic chase. Meanwhile, Saru is offered the position of a lifetime, and Tilly’s efforts to help pull her into a tangled web of secrecy.”

So that 24th Romulan ship in the trailer is indeed meant to be a 24th Century Romulan ship.

Last edited:
The season had already completed filming when the cancellation was announced. More episodes would not have been possible, and that's before you factor in the strikes that followed in the ensuing months.

They did get to do addition shooting after it was cancelled to tie up loose ends, so I expect the last episode to could be half to a full hour longer then it originally was.

They did get to do addition shooting after it was cancelled to tie up loose ends, so I expect the last episode to could be half to a full hour longer then it originally was.
It won't be a full extra hour. If it were, it would count as an extra episode, and as we see the official episode count for the season is ten.

https://vxtwitter.com/thetrekcentral/status/1745379968291340341?s=46&t=19UwMofM_0s_rzDRlf07ZA

“Capt Burnham & the Discovery are sent to retrieve a mysterious 800 year-old Romulan vessel; until the artifact hidden inside is stolen, leading to an epic chase. Meanwhile, Saru is offered the position of a lifetime, and Tilly’s efforts to help pull her into a tangled web of secrecy.”

So that 24th Romulan ship in the trailer is indeed meant to be a 24th Century Romulan ship.
I get the feeling Saru might be getting offered his own command, probably voyager or maybe the first Enterprise since the burn.

idk right now it seems like Tilly will be part of the SFA show. But that's just a fan theory.

Last edited:
I feel "Under the Twin Moons" may be another ancient fanfic reference, as I'm pretty sure some Sarek/Amanda stories from way back were called that. It's gonna be a Ni'Var episode for sure.
idk right it seems like Tilly will be part of the SFA show. But that's just a fan theory.
Saru's role of a lifetime may be academy superintendent.

It'd be really funny if the artifact was the Soul of the Skorr and we get some live action bird people.

MU gets an undeserved short shrift in my opinion.

Oh, I am not saying I did not like some of the episodes. TOS' "Mirror Mirror" is a classic. ENT's "In A Mirror, Darkly" was very good. DS9's numerous crossover episodes were mostly delightful.

But I never thought to myself during TNG or VOY or SNW or PRO.....I really miss MU episodes.

I liked DS9's earlier efforts. Contrary to the general series trajectory, however, they got increasingly dire as they went on.

I had a weird and random thought about the episode Mirrors, which unfortunately does sort of connect it to the Mirror Universe, but not in too significant a way. What it the episode is about Prime Lorca and answers the question of his fate, as we see his journey and how it mirrored the Disco crew's? I wouldn't say it necessarily ends with him somehow ending up in the 32nd century of the Prime Universe, but maybe wherever he ends up he sets into motion something that will have relevance in 32 Prime in the S5 storyline?

Probably not, but I thought the idea was worth sharing regardless.

So who do you think did it best?

TOS? DS9? ENT? Or DISCO?
Discovery did the Mirror Universe the best. It's not even close, IMO.

TOS is the runner-up but there's only so much they could do back in the '60s. But, overall, MU episodes have a pretty good track record. The only one I don't like is "The Emperor's New Cloak" from DS9 Season 7.

Of course, all this talk about the Mirror Universe and I'm pretty sure "Mirrors" will have nothing to do with it.

Back