I liked all of the jj Trek movies
No, 7 of 9 was far better for the doctor. Kes was just so bland.If nothing else, Kes gave The Doctor someone to play off of and helped him evolve more than anyone else, at least in the early days. I'd take her over Kim for that if for no other reason.
I suppose YMMV depending on how you feel about The Doctor in general.![]()
)I'd say the most unjustly hated was Wesley Crusher. I was around the same age as Will Wheaton and totally understood what it was like to have people dismiss your opinions because "you're just a kid." I was surprised to discover years later that the character was hated so much.
I'm absolutely fine with "Not everyone wants to be in Starfleet." Jake Sisko's great!I didn't agree with his story in "Journey's End" either. I've heard Ronald D Moore's explanation "Not everyone wants to be in Starfleet." IMO, that was completely opposite everything I knew about the character. That arc only works if the character was completely oblivious to Starfleet life before joining, which wasn't Wesley. He had spent years on a federation starship working in various departments, so it's not like he would get to the academy and all of sudden not want that way of life. I could see the mirror version of Wesley doing that, but not prime universe Wesley.
Agree.I'm absolutely fine with "Not everyone wants to be in Starfleet." Jake Sisko's great!
But his coming back with an awful attitude toward his friends and kinda-sorta having it handwaved with "He's evolving!" I mean, grumpy teenagers I get, but this was beyond the pale.
Too old not to know what he wants, too young to have a mid-life crisis?Agree.
Jake Sisko worked fine. His entire ambition was to be a writer, not join Starfleet and follow his dad's footsteps. Even if he had tried and then quit the academy, I would have bought it because nothing in Jake's history showed that he had the ambition, nor was capable of handling that way of life.
We have seasons of Wesley living the life of a Starfleet officer on the federation flagship. After dealing with the Borg and everything else the Enterprise ran across, the Academy would be a picnic in comparison. I just dont believe a character like that would wake up one day and say "F this thing Ive worked my whole life for."

The difference is he didnt spend years working in the army and living that lifestyle before he went to basic. It also sounds like he joined because he was expected to, not because he really wanted to. Wesley spent years working and living in starfleet so he already had experienced the life before going to the academy.I don't know.
I knew someone who's father and three older brothers served in the Army and he was expected to as well.
He did the whole ROTC in high school, graduated, joined the academy, almost made it through basic before deciding that it wasn't for him and got a discharge for medical/mental health reasons.
Wesley Crusher was not in Picard. Only Wil Wheaton was. I don't know what direction he was given, or what the script said, but he was just playing himself, not Wesley Crusher, in that scene.His cameo in PIC was (more than) a bit random and felt like service (though not necessarily fanservice), but I found him fairly entertaining in PROD.
For a mob boss's jaded son, he was loyally good in TOY SOLDIERS. So loyal he got himself killed rather than abandon Sean Astin and multiple other buddies. Arguably the most unexpected croaking in a thriller since Anthony Perkins bought it in THE BLACK HOLE.I find it amusing that in real life Wil Wheaton went on to do movies and TV shows where he was a hammy bad guy.
Is there any where he wasn't a baddy?
I'll advise you to sit down as we are in nearly-total agreement.1) Lwaxana Troi. Horribly annoying and she wore her welcome out quickly.
3) Just a waste of screentime just to give the producer's girlfriend a part on the show.
Honorable mention to Deanna Troi. Bland, gave horrible advice, and was crap at her job.

We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.