Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 17, 2013.

1. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It's not a fair criticism of Supernatural at all, as there's no question that there's a massive network of hunters out there. The Winchesters themselves just focus on the midwest of the United States (though they've gone beyond that range numerous times).

2. QCzar

QCzar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Washington, DC - Taxation Without Representation
    I disagree with this entirely, as there have actually been an astounding number of almost-apocalypses specifically in NA. Unless we're arguing that such near-armageddons happen with a frequency to exactly match the "massive network of hunters" (which seems highly implausible to me), it's clear that, for whatever reason, NA has become demon/monster/angel basecamp, at least until the series and its spin-offs are off air.

As is the case with WH13, most Treks, Eureka, Sleepy Hollow and almost every comic (among others), epic events in the larger world do tend to be focused around the heroes. This is a narrative device as old as Homer's Iliad. My attempted explanation was just trying to put an in-universe spin on it.

FWIW, I agree that they've been to multiple cities and to both coasts, my comment was mostly addressing Mr. Adventures' follow-on to the WH13 discussion concerning NA as a whole.

(We can address this further in the SN thread, if you wish)

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

After hearing next week's finale is already online, I watched it :alienblush:

Seeing the posts in this thread for the 05-12-14 episodes and predictions for the Finale, I am giddy with anticipation to see the reaction to the Finale. There's some stuff that's been extrapolated about what's happening next week that makes me very anxious about seeing the reaction. I did love it, so, don't think I'm capping on it in any way, I'm just sayin', because I extrapolated some of those same things before I watched it

*Oh, and although I am not a Neilsen Box holder, I will still be watching the episode as it airs, and also on Tuesday 05-20-14, registering a viewing or 2 against OnDemand in the Live +3 Ratings. I don't believe my Live Viewing registers at all, and I rarely watch anything live. My OnDemand, at my own Leisure viewings, I'm pretty sure are considered in the Live+3 Ratings

ETA: Middle paragraph has been changed, since I got a "Last edited @...." signature. 15 minutes, later, I'm done editing now :alienblush:

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Glad to hear you liked it. That's encouraging.

Well, that's a good point. I guess the problem they would come up against then would be consent.

Africa, the Middle East, Australia, South America-- there must be groups (not necessarily Warehouses, I suppose) that deal with artifacts in all these places. It would have been nice if some mention of that had been made.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think there are Warehouses concurrently on other continents. I think there is just the "one" and that one moves from place to place throughout the centuries.

The official syfy.com histories of the other 12 Warehouses starting in Macedonia with Alexander the Great 336 years BC.

http://www.syfy.com/warehouse13/history

There may not have been diversity in the races of agents, but there was diversity in the Regents with the head Regent (Adwin Kosan) being Pakistani, the Caretaker (Mrs Frederic) and first manager of the B&B/organizer of the warehouse (Leena) were black, the 2nd B&B manager/Keeper of the Warehouse was Asian (Abigail Cho) and the one serious nonMyka love interest (Kelly Hernandez) in 5 years for Pete Lattimer was a Latina.

As for the 5 agents themselves, you certainly have diversity in sex, sexual orientation and background.

From straight laced uptight secret service agent to reformed alcoholic vibe sensing jokester secret service agent to teenaged previously insane asylum residing wunderkind to gay, straight laced lie sensing ATF agent to 19th century grief stricken bisexual formerly bronzed steam punked Brit. :p

6. QCzar

QCzar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Washington, DC - Taxation Without Representation
    Don't forget curmudgeonly former spy and smuggler with a "very special bag".

7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Before Warehouse and Supernatural, most apocalypses seemed to happen in Sunnydale, CA.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Or Smallville, Kansas . . ..

9. RJDiogenes

There are dozens of near-miss Apocalypses being thwarted all over the Earth on any given day. If we, the public, knew about them, we would go mad. Mad, I say!

10. RJDiogenes

Hey, that was a poem. I just can't help myself.

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Good finale. It worked.

Still didn't need the Myka/Pete love plot.

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I really enjoyed the finale.

Artie's rant at the warehouse brought tears to my eyes.

I'm fine with the Myka/Pete resolution. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

I am satisfied.

13. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

A quiet ending.

I liked how they worked HG Wells in so many times, with her Steam Punk past and her Warehouse 13 known & new adventures.

I even liked the brief glances we saw with past guest stars both major and minor and how there were so many things we never knew about our fav agents, like Artie's son. Makes me wonder what else we never knew.

It was nice to see confirmation that the Warehouse doesn't move for decades to come and that Claudia overcame her aversion (?) to becoming Caretaker.

I wonder how many kids Pete & Myka end up with and if HG comes by every Christmas.

Fav line of the night?

"Okay, no more Mr. Nice Gay." :rofl:

I'm going to miss these silly goofs.

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Sweet finale, but I wish it had been longer. I wanted to know more about Mrs. Fredrick, and some of what happened to her. I was glad to see her memory of Lena; that was nice. I really liked getting to see a little bit of Artie's life, but I still wish we could've found out what happened to him.

*sigh* Oh well.

15. RJDiogenes

I haven't seen it yet, so it's a relief to read all the nice comments.

So when does the Veronica Mars-style Kickstarter campaign start? :mallory:

16. Forbin

It's very rare that final episode is actually satisfying and leaves nothing to complain about. I'm happy.

I've had 42nd street stuck in my head all night.

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It was funny, when the opening credits start and they do the zoom in over the interior of the warehouse, my first thought was, "wait, where did that 42nd street sign come from?".

Oh, and it was painfully obvious that Claudia was the only one that was actually doing her own dancing.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

A sweet, sentimental finale with just the right amount of familiar faces. (Okay, I was hoping to see Artie and Lindsay Wagner get together one last time, but . . . .)

And, yes, I'm glad they remembered to include Leena.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a nice little finale. Not great but good. I wish we had gotten more episodes to flesh out what happened in these final 6 episodes. I'm glad they ended it with the characters still out there looking for artifacts and having adventures beyond the finale.

20. Forbin

Seemed to me they were all doing their own dancing, just.... not good. :lol: