Spoilers The Expanse Season 6

I don't see how it's gonna fit in with the current plot. It's more a teaser to future books which won't be filmed on this run
That's something I've been wondering about. Assuming the two kids have the same fate on the show they had in the books, showing them now seems to create unnecessary problems. After all, if we do get a spin-off or movie a few years from now, those actors will have aged noticeably for characters who aren't supposed to age.

Yeah, the Laconia stuff seems unnecessary although I appreciate it - I've read all the novels but none of the novellas so I wasn't aware of the back story of a couple of characters. I will read the novellas when they're published in anthology form next year. Cheapskate that I am.

We have 4 episodes left. I suspect episodes 3 and 4 will wrap up the Inaros plot thread. With the final two episodes resolving the Protomolecule/Ring Builder's killer arc.

Yeah, the Laconia stuff seems unnecessary although I appreciate it - I've read all the novels but none of the novellas so I wasn't aware of the back story of a couple of characters. I will read the novellas when they're published in anthology form next year. Cheapskate that I am.

I see it as just building to something bigger and we will get a much bigger picture about it in the back half of the season.

An enormous cliff-hanger with no resolution in sight is what I fear. I just don't think the audience is probably large enough to justify anyone else funding either three more seasons or a movie continuation. Which is a pity but the novels are good fall-back even if the palate of characters isn't quite the same.

I really liked this episode (who am I kidding, that could describe every episode). And I love and hate Holden disarming the torpedo. As a person I can absolutely identify with not wanting to have you love one watch their child be killed at your own hands. And as Naomi is not in a good place it could seriously mess her up even further.

But as a human (not an Earther), Marco is the single biggest killer in human existence. And by a very large margin. His actions will cause the deaths of billions. I know he his a good guy (or at least attempts to be), but this selfish act for someone he loves is a terrifying thing for the system as a whole.

Besides saving Naomi's son, Holden also doesn't want to turn Marco Inaros into a martyr. Also Marco's crew and son can see that even though the Free Navy ships had a three to one advantage, they couldn't defeat the Rocinante. When the word of the failed attack against the Rocinante spreads among the Free Navy, there may be more ships leave Marcos and join up with Camina Drummer.

Besides saving Naomi's son, Holden also doesn't want to turn Marco Inaros into a martyr. Also Marco's crew and son can see that even though the Free Navy ships had a three to one advantage, they couldn't defeat the Rocinante. When the word of the failed attack against the Rocinante spreads among the Free Navy, there may be more ships leave Marcos and join up with Camina Drummer.
Kraig
At least on the show we have no knowledge of Holden knowing anything about how the Free Navy views the situations, and he hasn't shown any awareness of Drummer's building a resistance so why would those be factors in his decision making process.

Kraig
At least on the show we have no knowledge of Holden knowing anything about how the Free Navy views the situations, and he hasn't shown any awareness of Drummer's building a resistance so why would those be factors in his decision making process.

Except Holden saying "Hold your fire, Marco is better as a prisoner than a martyr." He also avoids a fight with Draper by allowing her to fire the missile she thinks is a dud.

LOVED 6.03 - one of my favorite episodes of the whole series. Outstanding!

I hate "Paragon" Holden so much! (Mass Effect reference)
cripple the Free navy with Inaros blown up.
Naomi's kid made his choice in S5.

Lovely to see Anna and especially PAX!!!
Really sad though, because I've read their arcs were cut short because of the 6 Episode only season (and possibly Covid)
I think especially Pax-story is important regarding saving the sol system inhabitants eventually.

Still disappointed they couldn't get Dawes (Harris) to do at least a video call with whomever, while him/his ship being blown up by Inaros or something.

Bobbie and Amos in the Galley *it's made from Mars honey bun* LMAO!!!
I don't have Amazon and haven't been able to find those X-Ray shorts anywhere. Hope I get to see them eventually, especially THIS one.

the Space battle was amazing - visual wizzarding
despite vaguely knowing what happens I gulped when I saw the Roci showing up on Inaro's ships scanner.
What an epic sequence and badass Bobbie, only for Holden to Paragon it up ffs.

I really liked this episode (who am I kidding, that could describe every episode). And I love and hate Holden disarming the torpedo. As a person I can absolutely identify with not wanting to have you love one watch their child be killed at your own hands. And as Naomi is not in a good place it could seriously mess her up even further.

But as a human (not an Earther), Marco is the single biggest killer in human existence. And by a very large margin. His actions will cause the deaths of billions. I know he his a good guy (or at least attempts to be), but this selfish act for someone he loves is a terrifying thing for the system as a whole.

But that is totally in line with Holden as a character. He’s a good guy, but he’s flawed, and he does invariably make the “good” choice rather than the pragmatic one. But most of the time they work out in a roundabout way.

Even Peaches redemption was a result of Holden not doing what would seem the obvious and even justified course of action.

Back