Spoilers The Expanse Season 6

One more day of waiting.... Ugh!

Watched all 3 Season 6 trailers last night on Amazon Prime. So incredibly stoked for it's return...

Less than a day. IIRC, Amazon shows release at midnight GMT, so a very convenient 4 PM to 7 PM on Thursday for people in the U.S.

Episodic. And just one episode tonight, they aren't doing the thing where they start off with two or three on the premiere day to get the ball rolling.

Episodic. And just one episode tonight, they aren't doing the thing where they start off with two or three on the premiere day to get the ball rolling.

Thanks. I'm behind on a few other series I started, I'll probably wait until it's all out then.

Yeppie. Should be released sometime today. Still got a few episodes to watch again, as I've been rewatching the series.over the last few weeks.

I'm enjoying reading the final book Leviathan Falls even though it's somewhat predictable and the villain is annoyingly one dimensional in their thinking.

I'm enjoying reading the final book Leviathan Falls even though it's somewhat predictable and the villain is annoyingly one dimensional in their thinking.

That's disappointing.

I'm still on the 4th book. I find the interludes genuinely terrifying, learning that the people the protomolecule absorbed most remain conscious in it, in a never ending hell of terror and pain, never able to die. And everyone outside just fighting over access to the new worlds. I did not get that from the show.

This was a lot more low key than I hoped for. I had to go back and read about how last season ended, and I don't think we got anything about what happened to that Mars ship that just completely vanished near the Ring. I really do hate when Shows come back and don't address the reason for a cliffhanger in the first place. This episode was basically reminding us about the War, where everyone is at the moment, and hopefully the scene at the end sets up the gist of the season. With only 5 episodes left, I was a little surprised at how little we actually got here. It's still a great series and I can't wait to see what happens each week, but I was thinking this episode should have been at least an hour and they should have at least mentioned the cliffhanger. I didn't even understand the very first scene with the little girl and the animals.

I don't think we got anything about what happened to that Mars ship that just completely vanished near the Ring. I really do hate when Shows come back and don't address the reason for a cliffhanger in the first place
That did come up. The scene around 35min with Holden looking at the ship on the scanner, saying it reminds him of the artifact on Ilus, and Amos telling him to stay focused.

Be sure to pull up the bonus features for the episode, there's also a minisode series going on in parallel to this season, "One Ship," focusing on Drummer's crew/family. The first short takes place after the season premiere, so watch the main episode, first.

That did come up. The scene around 35min with Holden looking at the ship on the scanner, saying it reminds him of the artifact on Ilus, and Amos telling him to stay focused.

Screen shot flipped 180 degrees at 34:52, with the monitor as seen from Holden's perspective showing the MCRN ship.

vlcsnap-2021-12-10-21h24m10s190.jpg

I actually rewatched the scene in question and I didn't recognize the ship name but I do understand it better. I'm hoping this was basically set up for the season (especially the early scenes) but I still expected more for a final season premiere. I hope a lot is done with the protomolecule, since that has been the big threat all throughout the series.

I didn't think the premiere was bad, and I'm glad the show is back. I just wanted the final season premiere of the series to be kind of shocking and surprising.

Back