Spoilers Lucifer - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Yeah... if I recall correctly, the first few episodes had him leaving suspects rather mentally shattered at times, so it was interesting to see what exactly that was all about.

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

This show continues to impress. I'm glad season 2 is getting a full 22 episodes.

3. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

We really enjoyed the last episode- nice to see the Doctor getting over the shock and realizing the people she became afraid of were still the same people she had been friends with.
    The joy of Maze finding out you can actually get paid for hunting humans was fun "Who Knew!?"
    They did a nice joy changing the look of the show for the flashback scenes- reminded me of old photos with the color desaturated and shifted.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've really enjoyed the last couple episodes. Lucifer revealing his real self to Linda was an interesting choice, and now it will be interesting to see where they go with her. Being the shrink of a guy who things he's the devil is very different from being the shrink for the devil.
    I noticed when he revealed himself that his appearance was slightly different than in season one. Here he seemed to just have red skin, where before it was exposed muscles and all of that.
    I totally forgot about Maze revealing herself to Trixie, that was a fun moment.
    I loved Lucifer mimicking Dan in the last episode.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I did note a texture beyond just a red skin tone.

I gather her half-skull face is based on her standard appearance in the comics.

And Dan mimicking him right back.

Richard Baker likes this.
  6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Ella speaks speaks Klingon. She gets more awesome with every episode.

7. Christopher

Was that really authentic Klingon, though? Her explanation of its meaning sounded a bit sketchy to me, like the scriptwriter wasn't really familiar with Klingons and was just making something up.

The timing of the episode's events was sketchy. Lucifer got a call about trouble at Lux just minutes after arriving on the murder scene, which hardly seems enough time for the son to start closing his father's deals and get to Lux to shut it down. But once Lucifer got there, he said it was suspicious that the son had done this just "hours" after the murder. Although a later line of Chloe's trimmed that down to one hour. I guess it's possible that it could've taken the homicide detective an hour to get to the murder scene after it was reported, but still, the sequence of events is pretty wonky.

Okay, so how many people realized the moment Lucifer started talking about Lux's history that Chloe would end up saving it by getting it registered as a historic site? They telegraphed the heck outta that one.

I'm surprised they didn't play up the similarity between that "professional tempter" PI and Lucifer's "what's your deepest desire" power. It seemed like a natural parallel.

8. Gov Kodos

Authentic Klingon? Like Trek writers didn't pull the language out of their asses?

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, thanks to people like Marc Okrand Klingon is a real language now with specific words, phrases, and grammar.
    There was a lot of good stuff in this one.
    We got some fun backstory for Lux and how Lucifier got it.
    Linda meeting Mom was a lot of fun.
    The Linda/Lucifer sessions are already getting more interesting now that she knows the truth. I especially liked her calling him out on not really telling Chloe the truth about who he is.
    Chloe saving Lux was a nice moment for them.
    I'm very curious what's going to end up happening with all of Mom's plotting. It'll be interesting to see who Amenadiel ends of siding with once it becomes clear just how murdery she's getting.

10. Gov Kodos

:guffaw:

11. Christopher

I'm not talking about the Klingon vocabulary itself, I'm talking about the explanation she gave for it after she said it. It didn't seem authentic to anything actually established in the show. For one thing, she gave the translation as "The king is dead" or something, and my Klingon Dictionary doesn't even have a word for "king."

12. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here an interesting discussion about how to translate chess nomenclature in Klingon

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why this is so funny?
    It's nerdy, but that doesn't change the fact that it's true.

14. loghaD

loghaD Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

15. Christopher

Okay, I guess they did their homework, then. I forget that Klingon language/culture is something that's taken on a life of its own beyond what's actually onscreen.

loghaD likes this.
  16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally caught up. Bingeing a few episodes I've come to appreciate the use of music in the show. From the music at Lux to Lucifer playing Metallica's Unforgiven on the piano. It's fun to see how they tie into the theme of the episode from "Unforgiven" to "Should I Stay or Should I Go".

Richard Baker likes this.
  17. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

"I seem to have broken my therapist"
    I liked how we saw the good doctor work through the revelation, even swapping doctor/patient roles briefly. Towards the end of the show she seemed to have gotten back on track and was once again providing insight and causing Lucifer to confront himself.

I am ready for his mother to go- that entire subplot has become annoying.

18. Christopher

Yeah, but... Tricia Helfer.

Skipper and Scout101 like this.
  19. Gov Kodos

It's tough to care about mom because she's turning into such a mustachio twirling villain that it's hard to see why Lucifer and Amenadiel are falling for this. It's starting to feel like Lucifer should just give Maze Azrael's dagger and let her take the problem out or ring dad about getting her back to hell.
    I did like the reveal about Chloe, harkens back nicely to the first episode when Lucifer asked her if his father had sent her.

20. Christopher

I don't care for the revelation that Chloe's whole existence is just part of a ploy by "Dad" to manipulate Lucifer. I mean, that's the ultimate in robbing a female character of agency and making her just an extension of male characters' agendas, and Chloe deserves better than that. Though maybe that's the point -- maybe she'll assert her own agency and refuse to play the role that was assigned to her by the patriarchy.