Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

After the DVD comes out :lol:

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

In 6 months after the BluRay comes out, and those of us who don't go to the theater have seen it.

3. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

I was wondering that it would have been pretty difficult to talk about first episode of AoS if Avengers spoilers would have been forbidden. How did Coulson die? Cant talk about it. What battle happened in New York? Cant talk about it. Where did all the alien artifacts come from? Cant talk about it :D

4. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great minds! :lol:

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

That's my guess. However, I would suggest this: If it's clear that the episode is relatively spoiler-free, there's no need to discuss TWS. If the episode is heavily tied, talking about both is inevitable. That being said, only talk about things related to the episode or helpful to understanding the episode. There's no need to talk about everything. And, when in doubt, use spoiler code.

That's my suggestion. Spoiler code isn't difficult to use, but I tend to think the whole system breaks down very quickly with people obliquely commenting on things outside of code so the content becomes quickly apparent. So, while I'd like to keep things spoiler-free for those who want to wait until home release, I also don't think that's a remotely realistic option - particularly since I think simply watching next week's episode will result in TWS spoilers. I don't know. Maybe the DVD people can tell me what they think of my idea. Or maybe we can table this discussion until after next week's episode when we have the knowledge to make an informed decision.

6. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Maybe start a second thread, declaring it a spoiler filled thread.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Then just change the title of this one, since it's unlikely you can continue to discuss this series without spoiling TWS...

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Saw the movie last night. The show is supposed to be stand-alone but with everything that's happening in the movies, it'll be interesting to see how they can co-ordinate things to keep the show as it is if it manages to go past this season.

An independent group of former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents like the defunct Hydra perhaps?

9. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

People who want to speculate about TWS affect on AoS should go to the the CA:TWS thread. Don't use this thread to spoil it for people who haven't seen TWS.

10. Alidar Jarok

We're not talking about speculating. What if, upon watching next week's episode, it's apparent the two are intertwined? In other words, what if the episode itself is a spoiler?

11. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Pretty much as:

The USB hub implies that he has been vistied and someone has accessed him recently, now they could have been connecting computers and USB'S to give him information to compute, but really, he could have sneaked himself onto something as well, or sent programs of his own out into the world or into SHIELD first, which Natalie then dumped onto the net in the film. Whoops...

13. Yminale

I don't think they are going to "spoil" it until the season finale. They probably are going stretch things out (TWS occurs over several days)

14. Yminale

Also this thread should be locked until next Tuesday. People are already posting spoilers to TWS on this thread.

15. Alidar Jarok

Sure, and I think this may be discussion premature. But the question is what are we going to do if Turn, Turn, Turn is heavily and directly tied in. If there's something in the episode that only really makes sense in connection to the movie. Is that something to discuss in here, discuss in TWS thread (what if they haven't seen the episode yet), start a new thread for? But I think there's a very real possibility that the two are so intertwined that it doesn't make sense to avoid spoiler code after awhile.

Like I said, we should pick this up after Tuesday. I'm sure we can get by in spoiler code at least through then.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

17. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Yeah, the bastards have got me...I usually avoid opening weekends, but I'm planning to fight the crowds out of a combination of wanting to be up to snuff on any elements that may be informing the TV show's story, and being genuinely stoked to see it.

My suggestion would be that if we learn something about the movie in the TV episodes that have aired, then it's fair game here. If we want to get into details of TWS that aren't revealed in the show, that should be coded. But there's so much potential for error there....

18. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Note: this post is 100% spoiler free.

There's a very simple answer to that question:

If next week's episode spoils TWS, then talking about AOS-related spoilers from TWS in this thread is obviously fair game (though we should probably still avoid spoilers for non-AOS characters). If next week's episode does not spoil the ending of TWS, then people in this thread will need to be careful not to spoil the folks who haven't seen TWS yet.

At this point, I really couldn't guess one way or the other. It might spoil the end of TWS, or perhaps the episode will turn turn turn out to be action heavy, and take place over just a few hours of "real time", which may not get it all the way to the end of TWS just yet.

I will predict though that there is no way in hell the next 6 episodes will drag out without spoiling TWS. We will spend at least a few episodes in a post-TWS setting.

On the small chance that anyone hasn't gotten the hint yet, as lots of folks predicted months ago, Agents Of Shield is far more connected to a movie like TWS than it was to a movie like Thor 2.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

TWS was released globally almost simultaneously.

MAOS is released in phases across the planet slowly at inconsistent rates.

There are people who are not going to watch TWS until some time next year when their MAOS finally reaches the point that we are up to now.

Shouldn't we wait for them too?