Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

For those who watched the special; does it spoil Winter Soldier? I know who WS is, I mean specifics of the movie itself.

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

That was the biggest "spoiler"...they don't seem to be trying to keep it secret anymore.

3. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think so. No real specifics. Just some snippets is all.

4. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It only spoils who WS is. It shows quite a bit from the movie that I haven't seen yet, but it doesn't spoil the end.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Nothing too bad. The biggest spoilers are all related to The Winter Soldier, what happened to him, etc. I sort of tuned out as a precaution there and I don't know the details of the comic to know if things are different. Otherwise, there's some discussion of who the characters are and what their themes are without being dramatic.

If you want to mute the five minutes of TWS discussion, it might be a good idea if you're extremely cautious.

6. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Big Secret will probably be "Who sent the Winter Soldier?" The answer to that one will be kept under wraps for as long as possible. They'll tease out just enough to get the bums into the seats at the cinema.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ Nope. They spoiled THAT on the Winter Soldier preview on the Thor: The Dark World Blu-Ray.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I guess I'll watch the special and just fast-forward through the WS scenes.

How much did they show of GOTG?

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I won't be watching that normal-format DVD for a little while, then. Because the preview's bundled with that edition too.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Nothing really beyond what's been in the trailers, I think, aside from some new brief shots of various characters, like a close-up of Nebula that I don't recall seeing before.

11. kitik

There was a decent picture of Glenn Close and a few more shots thatI hadn't seen before, but nothing too
    much.

The Ant-Man footage looked to be from the test footage too.

Honestly, I thought the biggest spoilers were from the Marvel One-Shots, of which I've only seen 2 of the 5 so far.

12. kitik

So regarding Agents Of Shield, it looks like next week, March 25, they're replaying T.R.A.C.K.S, the train episode.

Then on April 1 we'll get a big Deathlok episode that they were advertising tonight. They also seemed to show the Clairvoyant, that guy sitting in a wheelchair staring at a bunch of tv screens?

And honestly, sitting in a chair like that doesn't completely rule out the MODOK theories that some folks have had.

But I wouldn't say it rules out the Leader either.

But all the scenes they showed tonight may not have been from the next episode. I got the impression Glenn Talbot (Pasdar) wouldn't show up for another few episodes.

13. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

I hope it's the Leader. he's always been a good villain

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

But that's the double standard, not reality. May is as at least as tough as Ward and has had the same job for at least as long, so if she were portrayed consistently it wouldn't be such a big deal to her either. Ever read Friday? But, of course, politically, it couldn't be portrayed that way on TV.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Red Leader or Green Leader?

Marvel is owned by Disney, who owns Star Wars, so they can make all the Star Wars jokes they like.

16. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

They also showed Drax, concept art of Hulk verses Iron Man's Hulk Buster, concept art of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, concept art and a 3d render of Ultron (along with a set shot of what I assume is him, Hulk, or Vision smacking a truck), and a shot of the bus landing on a carrier.

[​IMG]

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Was this all during the same time we saw Glenn Talbot? If so, I completely missed literally everything else. :(

Anyone have any screenshots of the possible Clairvoyant?

18. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^I thought I saw that scene too but I couldn't find it on the DVR.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Which I'm glad I didn't watch but might have if I literally hadn't checked the thread while dinner cooked cause I had gotten it that day you mentioned it. Plus, you're the ONLY person on 4 sites I check that even gave that heads up. I in turn passed it along in case others might be like me and not wanting to know.
    So, thanks again.

20. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Watching those old clips of Coulson reminded me of how much I liked the character then and how much I dislike him now.