Who is hotter Riker or Worf?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Nakita Akita, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neither. Until Trip Tucker came along, there was not a single male cast member that I found attractive

2. marsh8472

marsh8472 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But the first reply mentioned Klingon genitals :guffaw: I would say objectification of men matters too but I don't really care about the objectification of men. I guess that's just how it is.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I guess it would depend on which star they were dropped into.

4. marsh8472

Not trying to get threads closed (as easy as that appears to be around here). It's just something that crossed my mind. I think both threads look fine to me. I don't find Riker or Worf attractive, tough call for me :-)

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Fun Fact: Trip's still not dead.

Just wanted to remind everybody about that. ;)

Nyotarules and borgboy like this.
  6. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

But Klingons are human.
    And just between you and me ( they aren't even real) sshhhhhhhh.

7. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

What a sad little whine.

8. marsh8472

:rommie: Agreed, that was only a little whine. Often times I put a lot of thought into posts then having some mod close it down for some petty reason is discouraging. It's just bad censorship. I showed restraint when you did it but eventually began escalating them. The post you closed down did not need to be closed, plain and simple. What rule was violated? https://www.trekbbs.com/rules/, Zero, Zilch, Nada :shrug:. But I let it go.

9. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Your failure to comprehend is not the board's problem. Rules established years ago prohibit overt female objectification because it represents a long historical reduction of women to appearance only. You obviously need to learn both the rule and the social rationale behind it. For reference, here's my statement upon closing the Troi thread.
    "Sorry to kill the admiration but I learned that these objectifying threads are forbidden by board rules. Unfortunately, they always tend to degenerate and we do have female members and fans who can be offended.
    Closed."

You won't win this argument in any forum.

Marynator likes this.
  10. marsh8472

alright, it must be one of those cases of a misplaced rule, it's certainly not listed at https://www.trekbbs.com/rules . I remember this kind of thing happened before where I got dinged for showing a private pm of someone telling me off, they said it was against the rules, I showed them it wasn't in the rules, they told me it was a misplaced rule, they added it to the rule page, and then dinged me anyway :guffaw:. I don't consider commenting on how someone does their hair, whether I prefer the hair straight or wavy for instance, as female objectification. Being hypersensitive about something like female objectification demeans the real cases of it. It was meant more as a philosophy of beauty post.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  11. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyway, as to the actual topic under discussion within this thread... :rolleyes:

I will answer by saying I think I would prefer to be Riker than Worf. :shrug:

Kor

12. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

Well, certainly since Worf wasn't taken seriously until he left and went to DS9.
    Plus, Riker got all the women.