Who is hotter Riker or Worf?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Nakita Akita, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

Well the way I viewed it, is that Geordi first fell in love with the idea of Leah. Then he met the real person and she was not at all who she thought she was, and he learned that he had created a false version of her in his mind. Then however he came to know the real person and loved her even more than the false idea he created.

I feel that this is actually a very interesting metaphor for how many men view women in general. They want women to be something that they create in their own mind for their own benefit, but that is not the reality. The richer relationship comes from deconstructing the preconceived myth and seeing things how they really are.

That is what I took from the story, and why it is one of my favorites.

2. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

:lol:
    No way. I can't even THINK of Geordi that way. He's one of those guys that it's like kissing your cousin. Yeech. I never kissed any of my cousins, but I have kissed a couple of guys that reminded me of, I dunno, kissing a puppy or a kitty maybe even a bunny. :hugegrin:

As for any other men;
    Picard is mine, so I'm not offering him up:devil:

All of Troi's men were creepy in the extreme.(except the guy from the closed off planet, he was cute)
    Beverly had one guy that was hot, but later he became a woman:wtf:. Totally not my cup of tea. (Maybe we could do an Odan 1., 2., or 3.,?)
    The only others left are Barclay vs. Geordie.
    I think they are almost a tie in the awkward, nerd catagory, neither is great looking.....

The next thread would have to be Beverly, Deanna or Ro!:biggrin:

3. Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix Captain Captain

There are still Miles, Data and Wesley.
    Even if Wes is far too young to compete !

Marynator likes this.
  4. Riker'sMailbox

Riker'sMailbox Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh, this is a good question.

Riker is a little over confident, which I like and he is intelligent. Also, not bad to look at.

Worf needs a dentist, but is passionate and a Renaissance man. He is really stiff, but showed that he could let loose a bit with Jadzia.

I will go with Riker just because I don't like broken bones.

Marynator likes this.
  5. Nakita Akita

Miles is Married!
    And I know, this is painful for you, but Data's a machine!:wah:

And Wesley was cute and was cute when he grew up but for the show, he was supposed to be young. Too young for most of the series.:thumbdown:

6. Twilight Phoenix

That's okay, I don't mind he's a machine ;)
    I am a machine too. An electro-chemical one ;)
    I'd have appreciated him the same way if he had been biological ^^

And honestly...
    I don't have any silly prejudice against computers. People can be selfish, irrational, stubborn, malicious, you name it. But computers don't have those failings. ;) ;) ;)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Nakita Akita likes this.
  7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'ma to go out on a limb & say that ain't only men doing that :p

Marynator likes this.
  8. Lance Warren Baylis

Lance Warren Baylis Lieutenant Red Shirt

[SIZE=16px][/SIZE]

Don't forget Yar. ;)

9. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

You'd be able to programme him to be the perfect boyfriend plus lots of stamina, what's not to like?

10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lot's of stamina? Didn't he say in "First Contact" that he was only "tempted" by the Borg Queen for less than a second?

Jason

11. Bry_Sinclair

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not what I was meaning, I'll extract my head from the gutter once again.

12. Twilight Phoenix

Why re-programme him when he's already such a fascinating person ?
    But I agree : what's not to like ? ;)

13. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Doesn't anyone think Barclay is hot? How about Mott?

Jason

Nakita Akita likes this.
  14. Bry_Sinclair

Did say you'd be able to, so you wouldn't necessarily have to, though little tweaks about always being the big spoon and things like that you could work in there :lol:

15. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

I find the idea of reprogramming him abhorrent, lol. Really you could probably brainwash or hypnotize a human partner, wouldn't that basically be the same thing? It seems like you'd be making the person your unwilling (and unknowing) sex slave. I couldn't do that to Data! Plus if I messed with his free will, it would not feel like a real relationship to me. It reminds me of Merope Gaunt and Tom Riddle from Harry Potter. Data would already be gentle and selfless, and you could absolutely trust him. A man who is perfect right from the start? Yes please.

@Jayson1 I feel Barclay was very attractive in "The Nth Degree". I feel he has the same issues as Geordi. Mott is friendly looking and I like his spunk, but he talks too much and does not seem to be very good at listening.

Twilight Phoenix likes this.
  16. Twilight Phoenix

@Bry_Sinclair : it'd be technically possible, but it would be unethical. We have no right to re-write people's minds for our own convenience. Besides...Data's more than capable to learn and adapt, just like anyone else. So why not teach him things the normal way ? :)

I totally agree on that. Reprogramming him wouldn't cross my mind either - except if he was the one deliberately asking for a particular modification he couldn't achieve by himself. But aside that specific case...I couldn't think of changing his programs. That could affect his personality and his entire self. That could destroy what makes Data, Data - if you get what I mean. That's just unimaginable.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Marynator likes this.
  17. Bry_Sinclair

Putting aside people who think they can 'change' someone they're in a relationship with, lol, that is quite true, he has shown to be someone who can remember things rather well :lol:

18. Twilight Phoenix

I see what you got that from - the relationship thing ;)
    I agree with you, we shouldn't aim to change the person we love. Teach them how to properly interact, yes ; but we can't change someone's inner self :techman:

Data sure has impeccable memory - as he would say, he is incapable of forgetting and will remember every detail of an event with perfect clarity ^^
    And yeah, he's more than capable to adapt ! He proves it on so many occasions on the show that it'd be hard to list them all ! :D

19. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Like Nakita said, the guy's a machine.

(in the sack)

Bry_Sinclair likes this.
  20. Nakita Akita

Barclay has it all over Laforge.
    Mott......a little too much of a chatter box for my tastes.
    Also ya, know, the whole :whistle:, ya know sexual compatability thing, :shrug:
    Those blue people species, well, their sexual organs look like Barbie and Ken dolls. They excrete a substance from their ear which is mixed together in a depression in a rock.......
    Well, over all not my cup of tea.:thumbdown:
    I mean that's what I heard about them anyway.....

Marynator likes this.