Spoilers The new (massive spoiler) ship!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by NCC-73515, Oct 8, 2022.

1. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

The almost organic-like curvature to the hull reminds me of the Dauntless (both the fake and the real one). I wonder if the F is capable of Slipstream?

I kinda hope this season is a launching point for a new Enterprise based exploration show. Though I don't know if Paramount would want two of them at the same time.

2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Either way This is just the odyssey class through and through. It’s not a hybrid anything or based on any mods. It’s just a revamped odyssey class model.

3. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I like both ships but the F looks a bit too toy like with the CGI effects next to the more convincing USS Titan.

4. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

For those who want a better look at that monstrosity, Thomas Marrone of Star Trek Online has the 3D model of it available in a viewer, as well as many other ships, on his personal website.
    http://thomasmarrone.com/

publiusr, Search4 and Markonian like this.
  5. Tuskin38

He doesn’t have the Odyssey up yet, only the Yorktown refit.

Markonian likes this.
  6. HotRod

I dunno, it's got a great big 1701-F on it.[​IMG]

7. Tuskin38

The Enterprise-F was refit to the Yorktown Class in STO. The one in Picard Season 3 is still the original Odyssey class.

Compare the nacelles and hull colouring. It is not the same ship that is in the trailer.

Markonian likes this.
  8. HotRod

Yes, I see that now. Apologies. Still gives useful resource for views of Starships.

Markonian and Tuskin38 like this.
  9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

If they were going to use the STO Enterprise-F, they could at least have used the Yorktown refit. That at least would have been more tolerable. I think they just didn’t care about it all that much.

10. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Chronologically, the Enterprise-F was launched as an Odyssey-class star cruiser and only becomes a Yorktown-class ship later in its service. It would not dovetail with STO if it's refitted back and forth.

I presume that TPTB do care, which is why Thomas Marrone got to bring in the 2400s-decade version of the Enterprise-F to the table.

Captain_Amasov likes this.
  11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

But that’s just from the STO timeline, which isn’t the same as the show timeline. Not to mention that we still don’t know the time period where we see the F flyby.

And what I meant about them not caring was that they didn’t care which version of the ship they wanted to use. If they wanted the ship to only look like the Odyssey version, or the Yorktown version, or another version/class entirely, they would have made that decision. I think it was nothing more than the producers asking Marrone to update the version that won the original contest.

12. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

The D looked ugly as fuck when it was first shown.

13. Tuskin38

Chronologically, the Ent-F hasn't even launched yet. Season 3 is in 2402, the Ent-F launched in 2410 in STO.

Just ignore STO's chronology when talking about canon shows.

Markonian likes this.
  14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still does.

The Odessey at least has a cool name.

15. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

Any speculation on who the captain might be? A legacy character or someone new?

16. 1moreRobot

1moreRobot Lieutenant Red Shirt

None of the ship designs in this show resonate with me. They seem to be designed enthusiastically but aren't artfully considered.

A Google Image search of tadpole will bring up quite a few pictures that are reminiscent of this Enterprise when viewed from above — and from what I can tell that might actually be its most flattering angle.

The Titan design is kind of fun in a fan design kind of way, but I can't believe it made it past the art design of a major TV production.

Spaceship Jo likes this.
  17. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Retractable nacelles ala the Phoenix! :cool: Nice to that return.

I don't understand the reasoning for the dark areas but they do add a more... stealthy, I guess is the term, look. Seems like something S31 might apply all over the ship. I like the apparent hull reinforcement structures. I like the gently curving pylons over 90 degree turns or straight (harder targets.) I like the different shaped nacelles, very cutting edge

Overall I like it. I am happy they carried this one over from STO.

Markonian likes this.
  18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm just going to hazard a guess that they're trotting out the Enterprise-F for exactly the same reason as the E: because the old ship wouldn't look as good with current effects? ;)

19. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or doesn't look good...period.

20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

No. They used the STO Enterprise-F because their focus isn’t on the Enterprise. It’s on Picard and the Titan.