The movie franchise after Bad Robot/Pine

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Danlav05, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Tim Walker

Tim Walker Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I doubt that TPTB care about timelines as such. If it will help sell popcorn, they will set a story in whatever timeline is convenient.

C.E. Evans likes this.
  2. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Commander Red Shirt

Please no more TOS movies. They could easily cover the Lost Era, or skip ahead to the late 25th century, if they don't want to retread.

RedAlert likes this.
  3. Jedman67

Jedman67 Commodore Commodore

I'd rather go forward in the KT. finish with Kirk, give Sulu the Excelsior and make a new series set 15 years after the last.

4. Danlav05

Danlav05 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If not going post-Nemesis then thre are a lot of good things they could play with in the Lost Era, I agree, there's a 75 year gap

Or making Sulu captain of the Excelsior could be a good middle ground - you could have a new crew, with appearances from Admiral Kirk, Spock, Uhura etc.

Finish the five year mission then rather than follow exactly the direction the Prime Timeline did, take the characters in a new direction

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  5. SharkD

SharkD Lieutenant Red Shirt

More like, Hollywood loves to recycle the same previously-used ideas. There have been few original scifi/space operas in recent memory, unless you count the bazillion scifi/action movies starring Tom Cruise.

Also, the Kelvin timeline cast was good, even if the movies were weak. I kinda would hate to see them go.