The movie franchise after Bad Robot/Pine

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Danlav05, Oct 8, 2017.

1. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I never really thought about this, good post. I don't know that they can continue TNG, the actors are just too old at this point (don't yell at me, I'm old too). I really don't know tbh. If the Kelvin movies fail, and leave us permanently, I don't know what they can do. I doubt they would continue TNG post-Nemesis because that's already what this new Picard show will basically be.

You got me. I have no idea. I wish we could go back to DS9 or even the Delta quadrant but I seriously doubt either will happen.

2. rahullak

rahullak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They can do:

1. Kelvin-verse animated feature films with lower budgets
    2. Discovery movies at the appropriate time
    3. Post-Nemesis movies not involving the Enterprise or Picard

I have no idea whether any of the above are feasible or are seeds in the minds of the people who matter.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am very curious how Paramount's exclusive Trek movie rights relate to digital distribution. Would CBS All-Access would be allowed to do "Netflix movie" style Star Trek films, I wonder? While something like Solo: A Star Wars Story tanked in the cinema, I imagine as a TV event it would have fared better. Trek could do movies about the Romulan War, or the Enterprise's very first mission under Captain April and other stuff which might not work as a miniseries or series and would have little to no broad cinematic appeal.