Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

SPS and Jeri are going to be on a panel on Star Trek Day (plus Is will perform "Blue Skies" live), so maybe we'll get some scraps of news...

Reanok likes this.
  2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Vice Admiral Admiral

I was watching "Absolute Candor" the other day, and there two things I noticed, but they don't justify an entire thread on their own, so I'll post them here:

Item 1
    When Picard is on Vashti at the beginning of the episode, in the flashback, he's dressed in all white. When he fences with Elnor who's still a little boy, he's able to fence and it's friendly. Then, later, he receives news about the attack on Mars.

When he returns to Vashti 14 years later, he's dressed in all black. When he fences with the former Romulan Senator, he's unable to fence and it's definitely not friendly as this former Senator wants to kill him. Elnor comes to Picard's rescue, now a grown man.

Interesting contrasts between Before & After.

Item 2
    When Narissa and Narek are talking about Soji, Narek talks about how he doesn't want to push Soji too hard so she doesn't get triggered like Dahj. And Narissa's not too pleased that Narek has a seeming or may even outright romantic relationship with Soji, and he puts out that Soji is fully functional. Very nice, low-key call-back to "The Naked Now" slipped in there, where Data told Yar that he's "fully functional".

KennyB likes this.
  3. Danja

Danja Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Reanok and Commander Troi like this.
  4. timtonruben359

timtonruben359 Commander Red Shirt

I was concerned when I saw this because the Picard Panel that was supposed to take place yesterday on Star Trek Day was cancelled at the last minute because Patrick Stewart unexpectedly had to back out of the event. But this heart scare appears to have happened a few years ago.

Regarding the Picard Panel cancellation: originally the panel was supposed to include Stewart, Jeri Ryan, Annie Wersching (new Borg Queen) Isa Briones (and possibly Jonathan Del Arco who was there). They were clearly going to give us a trailer and the season three announcement BUT here's something interesting neither Gates McFadden or LeVar Burton were originally supposed to be part of the Roddenberry Legacy Panel (it was supposed to be Rod and several of the current producers). There's speculation that Burton's and McFadden were supposed to make surprise appearances on the Picard panel announcing their return in Season 3.....just a rumour. That's coupled with the fact McFadden is taking a hiatus from her podcast due to some upcoming filming conflicts........just rumour but interesting.

5. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Well it seems pointless on 1st viewing but we had a really nice character die in the process, are shown how truly abominable the Zaat Vash paramilitary movement ultimately is, and it culminated in a highly advanced Borg vessel (ruined state that it's in) being in the backyard of highly advanced (but naive and frightened) androids who are shown to rebuild things virtually from scratch (even the recently deceased).

I think all of Season 1 ultimately suffered from having lots of good ideas and plot threads, but many of them didn't go as far they could (like Seven being Borg Queen for a day, why Riker and Troi decided to basically run away, etc).

Danja and Commander Troi like this.
  6. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Captain Captain

So, does WWWIII happen in this timeline or not?

It looks like it's set in the 'near future', maybe mid to late 2020s.

Does whatever happen that lead to the rise of a totalitarian Federation derail WWWIII; meaning Cochrane never takes his warp flight leading to First Contact with the Vulcans?

Does the development of warp drive progress faster without the Vulcans slowing us down; leading Earth to conquer worlds that would eventually join the Federation?

Will the producers even answer any of these questions?

Commander Troi and Danja like this.
  7. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably not
    ...:techman:

Richard S. Ta and Danja like this.
  8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see or hear about Colonel Green and his faction in this altered history and the events of World War III unfolding in a different pattern that resulted in the forces of oppression coming out on top in the conflict.

Commander Troi likes this.
  9. fireproof78

Terra Prime forever.

10. The Rock

The Rock Captain Captain

I love the show, but it still bothers me that Agnes murdered a man in cold blood and everyone else on the show doesn't seem to be mad at her for it. They were sort of mad at her for a little bit but now they seem to be all buddy/buddy with her now (especially in season 2 trailer), as though she did nothing wrong. Doesn't seem very realistic to me.

In Voyager, the treatment of Lon Suder (a murderer) by the rest of the crew was much more realistic. No one really wanted anything to do with him and Tuvok was really the only one who showed him any sort of respect.

Grendelsbayne and cooleddie74 like this.
  11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's because she was acting under duress.

Meaning, she only killed Bruce Maddox because of the mind meld imposed on her by "Commodore Oh".

Now that the truth has come out - i.e. that Oh was really General Nedar, an undercover Romulan spy acting on behalf of the Tal Shiar - I'm sure that Jurati would be absolved of all blame.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  12. Danja

Danja Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Troi and Riker are partying down on Lower Decks.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Actually, the Titan was out hunting down Pakleds and so Riker and Troi missed the party.

14. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Commodore Commodore

You know that Picard killed literally tens of thousands of people while under mind-control, right? The whole Locutus thing?

We also have a guy who witnessed his father figure murder someone because he was blackmailed into it, a woman who believes the Zhat Vash are the Illuminati fluoridating their water, a guy who is a casual killer, and another Borg.

This is the LEAST likely crew in the Federation to judge her too harshly.

15. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Quite a different situation, given the cause of Suder's behaviour was entrenched rather than fleeting.

If you want a Voyager comparison, try Vorik - he attempted to rape B'Elanna while under the influence of pon farr. It was never mentioned again, and they were working together without issues a few episodes later.

Llywela, fireproof78 and antinoos like this.
  16. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Commodore Commodore

There's also the weirdest element of it that the Zhat Vash's insane argument also came true.

Jurati: Somehow, my ex managed to create a bunch of robots on a planet with a "organic life ending button"

17. fireproof78

Well, it's kind of like the probe from TVH. A civilization causing destruction because it lost contact with a specific species

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Are Orla Brady and Brent Spiner regulars for this season? A release that all the websites are repeating mention them with the main cast.

Danja likes this.
  19. Llywela

Llywela Commander Red Shirt

To be fair, the 'organic life ending button' wasn't on the planet until Sutra and Soji built it.

20. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral