Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 2x14 - "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Hit it one more time!

1. 10 - Excellent!

43.0%
  2. 9

18.7%
  3. 8

10.1%
  4. 7

8.3%
  5. 6

5.6%
  6. 5

3.9%
  7. 4

1.2%
  8. 3

3.3%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

4.5%
  1. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Mostly agree with your percentages.

I'd increase the no timeline reset percentage to 90%--at least in terms of a major timeline reset. It's extremely unlikely that the producers would overwrite their own first two seasons. Even if the characters remember the events, they're not going to wipe out the events that they've worked to build up and the audience has followed for several years. To preserve canon, they'll use time travel to get Discovery to the future rather than rewriting the Discovery's past.

Trying to guess at the shock reveal. It'll have to be something brief that they can flash on the screen at the end and is shocking on face value. Perhaps encountering an aggressive Federation starship from a decaying era? Not sure.

2. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With Disney+ having no ads on $6.99 plan, CBSAA better become price competitive real soon :)

Deledrius and MSPpete like this.
  3. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Disney+ doesn't hit till Nov. 2.
    So I don't expect any of the other services to even consider changing their pricing till Jan 2020.
    I'm not even sure Netflix will bother though.

It depends on how big a hit D+ becomes I suppose.
    I already know I'll be signing up for it.
    Not sure if the Mrs. is going to keep paying for CBSAA at this point.
    She's already binged through the stuff she likes and only paid for April so I could watch Discovery.
    If D+ turns out to be as good as imagined, we may drop Netflix at some point.
    (though I want to see the next season of Lost in Space and Stranger Things)
    :cool:

4. Mr Awe

It's not unlikely that Discovery will have a greeting party waiting for it. If anyone onboard who disembarks Discovery before the jump (e.g, Spock) knows where/when Discovery is aiming, that information can be used by those in the future to meet the ship.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  5. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

The cost doesn't bother me, it's the content. CBSAA has nothing I want to see, except Star Trek. The new TZ didn't thrill me, so now I guess I'll be waiting to see what CBSAA cooks up next before I subscribe again.

Deledrius and Mechanoid1 like this.
  6. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beautiful poster, as usual, but I almost want it to say "...an Irwin Allen Production" :)

7. ITDUDE

And in contrast this is what Disney+ will have: https://deadline.com/2019/04/disney...impsons-streaming-service-1202594496/#pagetop

and
    Oh and much much more and for $7/month. Never thought I'd say this about Disney, EVER, but... shut up and take my money :D

Deledrius, Campe and DaveyNY like this.
  8. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There might be a time reset, but (IMO) it will not be used to explain why Spock never mentions Burnham in TOS or explain why there is no spore drive in TOS...

That is to say, if there is a reset, I think it will only go back a short time to reset something like the destruction of the Enterprise in this episode (that's just an example),Something like TNG: Cause and Effect or TNG: Time Squared. Or maybe a reset to undo the deaths we saw in Burnham's vision.

I don't think the reset will go back so far as to make Burnham's parents not die/make Burnham not become Spock's foster sister. Nor will a reset go back so far that there is no spore drive or no Klingon War starting at the battle of the Binary Stars.

I really hope we don't get a Bobby-Ewing-in-the-shower moment and have the events seen in the first two seasons of DSC be wiped away.

777, Gonzo, Cyrus and 3 others like this.
  9. ITDUDE

I wish there was a way to bet on the forums. Make odds, bet something:

Complete time reset 100:1
    Borg showing up: 1000:1
    Tilly saying something silly: 1:2
    Burnham monologuing: even money

Whoever wins will get points that we can then redeem for something like "be a mod for day". Oh the power I would (ab)use if I was mod for a day :D

10. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh man, I have such an anticipation boner for The Mandalorian

KennyB, lurok and Tuskin38 like this.
  11. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)

:techman:

Jackson_Roykirk likes this.
  12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

.....how do I put this?

Oh yeah, she's already loco! You gotta be more specific on this one.

Alan Roi likes this.
  13. saladdays

saladdays Captain Captain

The new Twilight Zone is pretty good though.

smich1979, jespah and Alan Roi like this.
  14. ITDUDE

137th Gebirg and Agony_Boothb like this.
  15. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have never looked in the TV credits. These days of squishing TV credits and the like
    I'd put a burnham monologue when they jump into the future at something like 1:100. Almost no way they don't do that.

16. ITDUDE

Ar-Pharazon and jespah like this.
  17. JKM

JKM Commander Red Shirt

I really don't get why anyone needs it explained that Spock never mentions her. He never mentioned Sybok in TOS either until he showed up in the movie. So there is a precedent for Spock failing to mention things like that. And Sybok was his half brother. He certainly wouldn't bring up an adopted sister. "Technically you are correct, I do not have a brother."

Longinus, Deledrius, Greg Cox and 3 others like this.
  18. ITDUDE

The questions is is it $10/month pay monthly good? Or can it wait until the next Star Trek series hits CBSAA and then it can be binged on between Star Trek episodes.
    That's why CBS wants year round Star Trek on CBSAA. They know Star Trek can get subscribers, other shows not so much (at least not as guaranteed)

19. Alan Roi

Alan Roi Commodore Commodore

I'm not seeing more content there on Disney+ I want to watch (Keep in mind that all these Marvel/Star Wars series have been touted at super short 6-8 episodes in length so 6 series over 2 years isn't really a whole lot of hours) than I see over the next 2 years on CBSAA (at minimum 4 Trek series, and likely more Strange Angel, Twilight Zone and whatever more gets added in the meantime) or even DC Universe (4-5 live action +2 animated series).

Sure its got a lot of stuff to keep the kiddies occupied, but I'm not a kiddie.

20. Mr Awe

Great idea! What are your odds for a Pike series? I'd say even money.