Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 2x14 - "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Hit it one more time!

1. 10 - Excellent!

43.0%
  2. 9

18.7%
  3. 8

10.1%
  4. 7

8.3%
  5. 6

5.6%
  6. 5

3.9%
  7. 4

1.2%
  8. 3

3.3%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

4.5%
  1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Talk about playing the squeezebox.

2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Noooooooooooo OK here sex.

137th Gebirg and SJGardner like this.
  3. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

I just love how his interpreter knows fully well what she's doing :guffaw:. Ah, the classics.

... and if I recall correctly, JMS confirmed in the usenet group that if Sheridan did actually decide to go through the negotiations himself, the ambassador would've asked the same thing of him as well.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  4. Gingerbread Demon

Yeah and he never lets on which is just as well. They cut the bit off where she comes out the elevator.

SJGardner likes this.
  5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Which is why Sheridan wasn't the one conducting the negotiations. They weren't going to do anything that would push them off the air.

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, Ivanova wasn't the best character on that show by any stretch, but she did have some singularly amazing moments.

BillJ and SJGardner like this.
  7. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

61 one percent voted 9 and more!!!

80 percent voted 7 and more!!

I'll say people liked it!!!:D

RedAlert likes this.
  8. Mr. Nova

Mr. Nova Commander Red Shirt

I resemble that remark. :wah:

SJGardner likes this.
  9. Mr. Nova

Mr. Nova Commander Red Shirt

OK, it's the tetrahedron data then?

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Serveaux and Gonzo like this.
  11. Gingerbread Demon

But Trek tends to treat Data as an object so yeah back to spheres the Sphere data is round. Long live Spheres.

I converted to spheres I'm a convert gone is my anti sphere bias.

12. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

The problem with sphere datas, in general, is their exaggerated fondness for round numbers.

Mr. Nova and Gingerbread Demon like this.
  13. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I thought the film was great, especially the Vengeance, a proper Starfleet warship built to intimidate any potential aggressor and ideally stop a war before it even starts.

Admiral Marcus response to the destruction of Vulcan was an understandable one, plus he was actually correct about the Klingons but underestimated Khan, I also liked the callback to Wrath of Khan between Kirk and Spock.

14. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Well, when you give an evil genius the task of designing a completely new ship with all sorts of technological gizmos under the terrible threat of exterminating the only people he cares about... You'd have to be a complete fool to think first that you'll be able to lock him out of his own programs and then not to expect him to retaliate at some point. Marcus definitely had it coming! I am surprised that Khan didn't make the whole system totally hackable with one codeword said with his voice or something like that. Something like what Mudd did to Discovery. One word and the ship no longer obeys to anyone but Khan.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  15. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Unfortunately as soon as a Starfleet officer reaches the rank of Admiral they automatically receive a frontal lobotomy and are turned into complete idiots.

Star Trek Admirals = Idiots
    Star Wars Troopers = Cant shoot worth a damn
    etc etc

Its no wonder Kirk refused the rank for so long, he knew it was a death sentence.

16. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and look at how stupid it made him in TMP and TWOK.

Gonzo likes this.
  17. Gingerbread Demon

Hey just watching the season again and two things I keep wondering. How far beforehand did Control start doing shady stuff before we all knew it had gone bad?

How much time between Spock being framed for murder till we got the first revelations about Control, does anyone know? Obviously it wanted Leland so had its goals set well in advance if it had that much time to work behind the scenes, and also killing those people that Discovery was talking to and faking their identities.

I keep thinking it was Control that knocked the Enterprise out so severely because do they ever mention what the actual fault was.

18. Alan Roi

Alan Roi Commodore Commodore

My impression was that Section 31 was behind the things with Spock, and the damage to the Enterprise was because it wasn't in the greatest of shape not having been back for an overhaul in some time.

I figure that Control only actually went bad when the probe came back with some of future Control's intelligence and knowledge and infects Airaim. It's only after that when the situation accelerated, once she send info to Control HQ and then Cornwell shows up to say its not communicating anymore.

Phoenix219 and Gilora like this.
  19. Gingerbread Demon

But Spocks escape and frame up for murder happened long before all that. Control was behind that.

20. Alan Roi

Alan Roi Commodore Commodore

Was it? Or was it later only using technology that Section 31 was already using for its own purposes as it didn't quite have what would be available to it in the future. Remember that Leland was ready himself to use the mindsifter on Spock.