Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.4%
  2. A

35.2%
  3. A-

12.8%
  4. B+

7.2%
  5. B

15.2%
  6. B-

2.4%
  7. C+

2.4%
  8. C

3.2%
  9. C-

1.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1.6%
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, OK. That does make it sound he's probably not in the movie then. I guess them putting him in with them could just be another example of them including stuff not in a movie in a movie line.

2. Xerxes82

Xerxes82 Captain Captain

The wave with the Shang Chi figures is only half devoted to the film. The other two releases are from other media. Their is an Iron Man figure, looking comic book based, and a figure from their Contest of Champions video game, I believe. So Hyde being purely a comic release isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. That would leave the wave exactly half film, half comic/game.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Just typing "Shang-Chi" would be the same number of keystrokes... ;)

Booji, dupersuper and Turtletrekker like this.
  4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Cross-posting something I observed about Falcon and Winter Soldier, Marvel Television, and accuracy to the comics.

In Falcon and Winter Soldier, the scientist who recreated the super soldier serum for the Power Broker is named Dr. Wilfred Nagel. Now, Nagel is a character from the comics who was connected to the original Super serum program, so there is that connection.

However, the far, far more comics accurate character to have used in this situation would have been Dr. Karl Malus. He was the Power Broker's chief scientist in the comics. However, Malus was already used in Jessica Jones season 2.

It's a minor thing, and I might be reading something into this that isn't actually there, but it does seem to be a sign of Marvel Studios respecting what was established by Marvel Television.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Booji and The Nth Doctor like this.
  5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Maybe, maybe not...

On the other hand the Darkhold appears in Wandavision, which seemingly contradicts the history established in Agents of SHIELD. However, that said, it's entirely possible there's a mystical explanation that could be handwaved to reconcile those contradictions.

6. Turtletrekker

dupersuper likes this.
  7. Christopher

Given that the cover of the Darkhold in AoS had the stylized word "Darkhold" written on it in English, and given that its interior text appeared in the language of whoever read it, I always took it as given that its cover could transform to suit its readers.

8. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

I think even in the comics The Darkhold both changed design from artist to artist, and seemingly had multiple copies floating around; all of which are still somehow THE Darkhold. Which is fair enough I suppose. Evil magic book and all. It could be in several places at once and/or change it's appearance. Also, skimming the wiki article it doesn't look like they really bothered keeping a clear chain of ownership as the thing just seems to pop up in a story as and when it's needed.

P.S. You guys know this is meant to be a spoiler thread, right?

DEWLine and The Nth Doctor like this.
  9. Turtletrekker

Yeah, but we started with spoilers from the most recent episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and I wanted to give people at least a week on that point. Beyond that, the spoiler code probably wasn't necessary, but the snowball already started rolling...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  10. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah--I'm for putting things in Code for the television shows. The episode is only a day old and not everyone is going to have it in the past forty eight hours.

Turtletrekker and The Nth Doctor like this.
  11. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

I leaned the hard way that if I'm not up to date on Marvel stuff, I stay out of this thread.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The title of the thread does say "spoiler-heavy."

13. The Nth Doctor

Fair points but it's still a good idea to air on the safe side for things that just came out.

14. Turtletrekker

15. The Nth Doctor

The first big question that comes to mind: Why didn't these guys jump in when the Avengers decided to mess around with time and pluck the Infinity Stones out of their proper places?

The second big question, spurned by the first: How much will the Time Variance Authority be compared with The Umbrella Academy's the Commission?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  16. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I kind of got the impression barely anyone watched TUA so maybe not that much.

17. The Nth Doctor

And that's a crying shame because it's so damn good. That said, clearly enough people are watching because a third season is comimg.

John Clark likes this.
  18. Christopher

A, because the Avengers were saving half the universe and it would've been stupid to meddle with that. B, because the Avengers (or Cap, rather) put the Stones back where they came from when they were done with them, so there was no further need for intervention. Loki, by contrast, has been playing fast and loose with the timeline, with no interest in putting things back to normal. And he himself is an anomaly (a "Variant") by escaping his own death, which is not true of the Avengers.

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

The avengers doing what they did was probably considered part of the normal flow of time.

Some events need to happen.

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

Man, that Marvel marketing machine is relentless.