• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Spoilers Lower Decks General Discussion Thread

Seems like animated movies might be something to keep Trek in the public's mind, to some degree. The risk would be minimal.
It would be a slam-dunk move, honestly. DC's animated feature output has been consistently well-received by fans from what I understand, and it's relatively low overhead.
 
I love that they still got that group chat going! I kinda doubt we’ll be seeing anything Lower Decks related anytime soon, but it’s cool to know that both the cast and McMahan would still be up for one more adventure. You’d think what Tawny Newsome is saying is correct and that an animated Lower Decks streaming movie shouldn’t be a hard sell, but in the current climate of corporate mergers and a creative re-shuffling behind the scenes I kinda doubt the studio would go for it.

It’s too late now, but I wish Noga Landau and Alex Kurtzman had brought Mike McMahan over to write an episode of Starfleet Academy. I feel his sensibilities would have been perfect for that show.

You could do crazy shit like gender mix bodies and have crazy people that are like half and half, male up top female down below and vice versa
Erm, whut? What does any of that have to do with the production or storytelling advantages of animation versus live action Laura was talking about? But also, I don’t think there’s anything really all that “crazy” about a person that presents one gender “up top”, but is another “down below”. Heck, since no Trek production is ever likely to show a character’s genitals, how exactly are you able to tell we didn’t already have “crazy shit” like that on Trek? :confused:
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top