• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

I am missing Lower Decks, very badly

  • Thread starter CerritosExplorer84
  • Start date
Loved Lower Decks. It actually inspired a rather trippy dream, in which the Federation is confronted with the evil Empire from Star Wars, and who goes off to try and deal with Darth Vader? Mariner and Boimler. Not sure why my brain thought those two were the best choices to handle a Sith Lord, but there we are.
 
Loved Lower Decks. It actually inspired a rather trippy dream, in which the Federation is confronted with the evil Empire from Star Wars, and who goes off to try and deal with Darth Vader? Mariner and Boimler. Not sure why my brain thought those two were the best choices to handle a Sith Lord, but there we are.
It's okay. The Trek universe is toxic to midichlorians and younglings.
 
It's okay. The Trek universe is toxic to midichlorians and younglings.
I’m more than half convinced that undetected midi-chlorians pervade the Trek universe — especially certain planets like Vulcan — and that the Galactic Barrier is a concentrated shell of them.
 
Surprisingly, I miss Lower Decks also. I've been vocal in my criticism of the show, but of all the modern (post 2009) installments, it was the only one that really tapped into the essence of what made Star Trek special to me -- the wonder, the belief that people can be better and should be, etc. My kids also love it, which gave us something in common to share. I wish they'd bring it back.
 
Surprisingly, I miss Lower Decks also. I've been vocal in my criticism of the show, but of all the modern (post 2009) installments, it was the only one that really tapped into the essence of what made Star Trek special to me
It really was such a good show to have airing alongside the others, like a grounding force for the rest of them. I feel like I enjoyed SNW more when I was watching it knowing LD was coming later in the year.
 
I was not in favor of cartoon Trek when it debuted. Actually, only watched it because my wife wanted to. But I love it and it's my 2nd favorite series of the "modern" era. I miss it on so many levels.
 
My question would be what with the setting be? Would it be set it during the series so we can get all of our cast members back in the places we remember them, or would it be continuing adventures with Captain Ransom?
 
Fry-Boimler-1b1.jpg
 
My question would be what with the setting be? Would it be set it during the series so we can get all of our cast members back in the places we remember them, or would it be continuing adventures with Captain Ransom?

I’d be fine going either way, but would prefer to move the story forward.

If they could figure out a way to cram Worf into the TNG movies, then I think they can come up with a way to include Captain Freeman.
 
If they could figure out a way to cram Worf into the TNG movies, then I think they can come up with a way to include Captain Freeman.
Did the way Worf joined the TNG movies make sense? I would love Captain Ransom story telling that continued the stories of the USS Cerritos
 
I miss it. But I'd rather walk away being fond of it vs. it sticking around too long and becoming tired of it.
I don't wish to be Simpsons or Family Guy seasons long. Just a lengthy run, an additional five or six seasons max.

Some things deserve longer life, not all, just the one's that are unique, if that makes any sense.
 
My question would be what with the setting be? Would it be set it during the series so we can get all of our cast members back in the places we remember them, or would it be continuing adventures with Captain Ransom?
Absolutely going forward, they can either do something with the Cerritos or Starbase 80, which would have Freeman and William as buy ins, though his alt universe crew would probably be absent.
 
Absolutely going forward, they can either do something with the Cerritos or Starbase 80, which would have Freeman and William as buy ins, though his alt universe crew would probably be absent.

I’d definitely want the alternate-universe-exploring taskforce.
 
I think if they ever did more, I’d be happy with the occasional animated movie.
I think I'm at the stage in my Trek fandom where I wish they did more streaming type movies rather than TV shows. They had the right idea with Section 31, it was just executed poorly. I would gladly take a Lower Decks (or prodigy for that matter) streaming movie.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top