Favorite AND least Favorite Female Character?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by UnipolarUnicorn, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Ensign Ricky

Ensign Ricky Lieutenant Red Shirt

Most: Number One (TOS).
    Least: Michael Burnham.

Bry_Sinclair likes this.
  2. Defiler-Of-Redshirts

Defiler-Of-Redshirts Commander Red Shirt

It boils down to the fact that Denise Crosby had absolutely no acting talent of any kind, no matter how much she tried. And Jeri Ryan was far more than eye candy (don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate her eye candy qualities); Ryan had some serious, heavyweight dramatic acting chops. The best character moments in VOY were always between the two most heavyweight actors, 7 of 9 and The Doctor.

Qapla! likes this.
  3. Kerock

Kerock Commander Red Shirt

Favorite = Dr. Elizabeth Dehner, (Sally Kellerman)
    Favorite = Yeoman J.M. Colt (Laurel Goodwin)
    Favorite = Hedril (Kirsten Dunst)
    Favorite = Lt. Alara Kitan (Halston Sage)

Least Favorite = Shahna (Angelique Pettyjohn)

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

So you're saying that in all of Star Trek...6 TV series and however many movies...that your favorite character is one that appeared in the failed unaired pilot, and one chopped up episode of TOS?

Unicorn and Henoch like this.
  5. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I originally wanted to do a list of five each but screw it, I'm going to pick just one as tough as it is (but I will do honorable mentions)

Favorite:
    Troi - Always loved her, always will. She was warm, friendly and supportive, she loved chocolate and had sweet psychic abilities.

Honorable mentions (in order of appearance): Kira, Janeway, Seven, Georgiou, Tilly, Cornwell

Least Favourite:
    Jadzia - I don't actively dislike her but she always felt a bit bland and not as interesting as a character who had lived several lifetimes already should have been.

Qapla! and Kilana2 like this.
  6. Ensign Ricky

Stop saying "The Cage" was unaired! While it didn't technically didn't air during the original 60s run, it did, however, eventually air on TV for the first time on October 4, 1988 during the normal TNG timeslot in a special titled The Star Trek Saga: From One Generation to the Next. It has since continued to air on reruns.

7. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

So basically, the earlier the better and the more recent the crappier...

8. Kerock

Wasn't number one Majel Barrett? You can't get more Star Trek than that.

Bry_Sinclair likes this.
  9. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Yes, she was and I think Rebecca Romijn (in makeup) sort of looks like her.

Kerock likes this.
  10. Ensign Ricky

I just do not like Michael Burnham. All all her character does is cry and strike a pose.

Qapla! and Kerock like this.
  11. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

There's no accounting for taste.

12. Verteron

Verteron Lux in tenebris lucet Premium Member

Like: Dax, Janeway, Burnham, Torres

I tend to like smart, focussed characters (and real people too), everyone has a few flaws, the point is to self actualise and grow in to them, which I think these four do very well over their shows.

Dislike: Kes, Tilly (sorry), Tora Ziyal

More or less the opposite of the above.

13. Black Manta

Black Manta Ensign Red Shirt

Man, I am racking my brain and I can't think of any female characters that really stand out to me. I don't hate them, but none of them really had characters that wowed me I guess.

14. Kerock

I kind of agree with Ensign Ricky that Discovery sometimes teeters between really great Sci Fi and Day of our Lives.
    Don't get me wrong I still love the show.

15. GeordiFan

GeordiFan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Favorites: Dr. Crusher, Tasha Yar, B'Ellana Torres

Least favorite: Michael Burnham and Tilly...i just haven't gotten into discovery

16. Soong-type Android

Soong-type Android Captain Captain

In fairness the whole Star Trek universe does seem to revolve around her. She's the foster sister of one of the franchise's most important characters. She was responsible for both starting and ending the Federation's war with the Klingons. Her love interest was a surgically altered Klingon agent.

[LEFT][SIZE=14px][COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]She figured out how to get the spore drive working. Both her and her mother turned out to be the "red angle" time traveller, thereby being the pivotal figure behind the major plots of both of Discovery's seasons and was able to make tearful monologues while a massive space battle was raging around her.

And to top it all off she managed to get the crew of an entire starship to follow her centuries into the future due to how much they adored her.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2019
  17. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

The one thing that you can say about Michael Burnham is that people are rarely indifferent to her. Some love her others hate her but the ones who don't care are few and far between.

18. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

Dude! Seriously....

NO SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2 OF DISCOVERY!!

Again...the rule is six months from airdate. Which means you can post about S2E1 without spoiler tags in July.

Soong-type Android likes this.
  19. Soong-type Android

I don't hate her as a character and while we were told beforehand she would be the focus of the series there does seem to be a ridiculous amount of things that revolve around her. It should be possible for her to be the central protagonist without making her also directly or indirectly responsible for virtually every plot point.

20. Soong-type Android

Oops. Sorry. Would edit out if possible.