Discovery ending with Season 5

Not surprised; it seems a very expensive show but has a rather low profile. I've enjoyed it for the most part, and hope they go out with a strong last season.

I wonder why 2024. It finished filming a while ago.

I don't know if my math adds up here, but, I'm assuming Strange New Worlds season 2 will start after Picard concludes in April. Then Lower Decks season 4 would start after Strange New Worlds. If Discovery starts after THAT, with each season consisting of 10 episodes -- does that takes us into 2024?

They're doing some extra filming to give it more of a wrap.
Yup—-I heard this news a few weeks ago and they are reworking the ending and having to do reshoots…..they were hoping to do it soon after the cruise but will take longer now……hence the 2024 date now. This had also been the reason the release lineup had not been announced yet…..I look for that to be announced now soon.

5 years is a good run for 2023 TV. I expect it to be a season for the ages. Let's Fly!
It shows how much the tv landscape has changed that after 65 episodes of Discovery the vibe we're being given is that it naturally ran its course, whereas after 98 episodes of Enterprise it was treated as an early cancelation despite the PR from the studio at the time.

Back