Arrow - The Final Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 11, 2019.

1. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Way too much airbrush on the image

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

IGN has posted the synopsis for the Green Arrow and the Canaries pilot, aka episode 9 of the season.
    It's the year 2040 in Star City and Mia Queen has everything she could have ever wanted. However, when Laurel and Dinah suddenly show up in her life again, things take a shocking turn and her perfect world is upended. Lauren and Dinah are tracking a kidnapping victim with direct ties to Mia and they need her help. Knowing it will change everything, Mia can't help but be a hero and she, Lauren, and Dinah suit up once again to save the city.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Green Arrow and the Canaries.;)

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oops, I can't believe I did that. I know it's Arrow, not Lantern. Fixed it.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

:techman: I think I'm one of the few nerds who actually loves The Big Bang Theory.
    I've been planning on Green Lantern being one of my next comics, so I think that's probably where that came from.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

8. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing that present day Dinah and Laurel somehow wind up in 2040 so no old age make-up needed.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been thinking the same thing.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Or, since the previous dystopian future has apparently been erased, maybe it's a more optimistic future that's developed anti-aging treatments. Which would open the door for more present-day guest stars to appear. (Syfy's 12 Monkeys did that -- tossed in a throwaway reference to an anti-aging drug being invented shortly before the near-future apocalypse, so that characters from the post-apocalyptic future could appear in scenes set in the present or recent past without needing to recast or digitally de-age the actors.)

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Or judging by that shot of them in civvies they might have wound up in the 1970s. ;)

13. Christopher

Fashion is cyclical...

14. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really.

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually saw some of the trailers for the conclusion for the first time today. I'm looking forward to seeing how this gets wrapped up. I think I'm even more excited to see where Flash (And Arrow) goes post Crisis.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So it looks like this will be a different 2040 than the one we've been seeing before the Crisis. I had expected Laurel and Dinah to end up some going forward in time at the end of the Crisis, but now that didn't happen, so I'm curious how they'll address Laurel and Dinah not aging in 20 years.

17. Christopher

We already knew that, since there was an earlier Arrow episode where we saw them prevent the events that led to the dystopian future. Of course, rebooting the Multiverse provides another reset.

The trailer for the backdoor pilot episode shows
    Laurel and Dinah coming to Mia to put something on her head that restores her memories of Crisis. So now I'm thinking maybe they are from 2020 after all, coming forward to restore her memories for some reason.

18. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

queue product placement for an anti-aging beauty product.

19. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

It was okay. Needed more Oliver.
    Was expecting the gay brother to be the big bad. I’ve never trusted him.
    This show is ending so weirdly. They’ve been building up his demise for months and his death was incredibly underwhelming. It was also made completely pointless with the universe resetting.
    The only way to fix that is to show that he’s not actually dead, which I think is the case with how Season 7 ended.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

This whole premise is so contrived. How can this potential series be described to a new viewer? How about the standard opening narration. “My late Father’s Friends have time travelled from 20 years ago to restore my memories of an altered timeline so I can fight crime and continue his legacy”

This whole thing feels like a patchwork of available characters because doing an actual Birds of Prey show is restricted. Thrown in Oliver’s future daughter tomthe mix too. I doubt anyone choose to do this as their first idea.