Arrow - The Final Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 11, 2019.

1. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Not that I'm aware of.

No.

That's not how shared continuity works.

Again, Supergirl was specifically developed to be an actual part of the Arrowverse; Barry Allen ending up on Earth38 didn't suddenly make it a part of the Arrowverse... because it already was.

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dont think it was. They set it up on a whole different network for a reason. But I think the ratings tanked... as least for a CBS show, so they did the cross over and set it up to be a part ofbthe Quiververse

3. DigificWriter

Both Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler gave indications prior to Supergirl's debut that the series was developed to exist as part of the Arrowverse despite it being bought by CBS.

4. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

"There have been talks of Stargirl getting to go on an episode of Flash, and having a bigger storyline, but it didn't happen this season (one). But I just think that would be the coolest thing. So much of my family has watched Flash for years." - Brec Bassinger

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  5. DigificWriter

^ If it happens, then we can call Stargirl an Arrowverse series.

Without that happening, though, it's not.

6. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

And here I thought it was the producers' intent that counted. Silly me, whatever gave me that idea.

dupersuper and Morpheus 02 like this.
  7. Morpheus 02

SO doing some quick research at TVSeriesFinale.com i saw that Supergirle premiered on CBS at 3.15 (or about 13 million viewers, but quickly dropped to 1/2 that. The Flash crossover wasn't until March 28. It gained a million viers for that one episode. Great numbers for CW, but i am sure pretty bad for CBS. ANd the date of the crossover seems to have a timeline that the Supergirl producers had time to create a "hype event" that could bring over those CW viewers, or at least some general hype. And i think it was enough to show it was very viable for CW, but the dropoff made it NOT viable for CBS (and not sure if they truly planned for those last episodes to skip a couple of weeks, which would also kill momentum if they were going for that).

8. DigificWriter

I don't know what this is in reference to, but, to date, there have been 3 (and only 3) series 'retroactively' grafted into the Arrowverse:
    The Flash (1990, CBS) (established as Arrowverse Canon in The Flash (2014) 1x17 "Tricksters")
    Constantine (2014, NBC) (established as Arrowverse Canon in Arrow 4x05 "Haunted")
    Black Lightning (2018) (established as Arrowverse Canon in Black Lighting 3x09 "The Book of Resistance Chapter Four: Earth Crisis")

9. Morpheus 02

WHite not a TV series, the DCFU's Justice League was also added during Crisis. (And Ezra Miller had wanted fans to embrace that way back when. I resisted it back then, but was happily shocked to see him in Crisis).

10. DigificWriter

When I use the term "Arrowverse Canon", I'm referring only to things that explicitly exist as a part of that Shared Continuity Universe as established by both onscreen events/references and official Producer comments, and, to date, there is neither sufficient onscreen evidence nor Producer commentary to indicate that TV series like Smallville and film franchises like the 'Donnerverse' and DCEU and the events depicted therein are expressly and explicitly Canonical to the overall narrative framework and 'core' of the Arrowverse itself even though characters from said franchises played key or highlighted roles in the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  11. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I still get a giggle out of “DCFU” (though it’s a lot less applicable from Wonder Woman forward).

dupersuper, Caretaker and Morpheus 02 like this.