Arrow - The Final Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 11, 2019.

1. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing says wrong timeline like the Houston Comets still existing.

2. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Caught this week's The Flash and Arrow.

Kinda interesting how this entire season Barry has been accepting his Crisis "fate", while Ollie was trying to fight against it and now they've switched positions.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok, now, I don't know jackshit about Green Lantern, and I know there's been some hints dropped about Diggle maybe having an alternate thats actually Green Lantern and all, but.....

Have you guys seen the promo for episode 7??? The green lights in his helmet?? Those weren't always like that, right?

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Diggle's costume and helmet light have been green since the start of this season.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously?? Dammit don't I feel stupid now.....

6. Christopher

I'm just struck by how bright the helmet light is now. I doubt David Ramsey can see anything out of that visor with such a bright light shining into his face. I hate TV/movie helmets with interior lights. I know it's necessary for seeing the actor's face, but it's silly.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

It's strange to think that we only have one actual episode of Arrow left ever since Episode 8 is Crisis and Episode 9 is the Green Arrow and the Canaries backdoor pilot.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, I didn't realize we were that close to the end.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

After the excitement of Flash, I was kinda let down with that Arrow episode. It felt like a finale, even though there's still at least 2 episodes left, one of them is Crisis. I think what brought this episode down was Oliver and his relationship with his Kids, namely Mia, felt repetitive from what we saw a few weeks ago. It was interesting to see Yau Fei again though and I really did like the ending with the goodbyes. This first half of the season really has felt like Oliver putting his things in order. In a way I'm actually glad Felicity is coming back in the finale. They needed to give her a proper ending because they have for everyone else.

10. Christopher

I guess it was inevitable that they'd go back to Lian Yu, but it's kind of silly the way they've tried to use the Crisis to justify this magical mystery tour through the show's greatest hits. The components they need for Novu's device just happen to be located in places from Ollie's past adventures, and the energy spikes they need to harness to assemble it just happen to be on Lian Yu, and just happen to randomly resurrect the ghosts of his past? I mean, at least they could've said that Fyers etc. were attempts by the Anti-Monitor to thwart Novu's plans.

Also, what was that random bit about Oliver asking Diggle to make sure his kids got back to 2040 and Diggle saying he'd take care of it? How the hell is time travel something you turn to John Diggle to arrange? Also, what's the point of sending them back to the future if the whole of reality might be destroyed tomorrow anyway? There might be no future left for them to go to, and at the very least it's not the future they left.

I do like it that they managed to explain Lyla's connection to the Monitor in a way that didn't negate the established backstory and identity of the Arrowverse version of Lyla Michaels. She's still the Lyla we know -- it's just that she owed the Monitor a debt and was convinced she needed to cooperate with him.

11. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not quite as strong as other recent episodes, but still decent. But here was a weakness--when Oliver tells John to get his kids back to 2040, how come no one mentioned that the mere existence of 2040 means that COIE is going to turn out ok?

How could 2040 even exist if Earth 1 is destroyed?

Also, will this time travel change the timeline and Mia's and William's pasts? If so, then the versions we met should cease to exist and be replaced by alternate versions.

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Time travel has never been consistent within the Arrowverse, so i am not worried about the logic (or lack thereof).

The resurrection of the dead....umm... that is more "unbelievable" to me. It would have been been better if there was a rip in earths, and they came from that...maybe virbating temporarily in our universe, and the device "fixes" them so they go back.

Good to see Yao Fei, but bogus that he didn't interact with Ollie's team. Is this how the Crisis guest appearances will feel? ANd speaking of feeling... Ollie not talking to Mia about her granddad's body, right in front of them (who also didn't appear).

HOwever , some nice goodbyes for the crew. Umm... so the future Ollie with fake arms is now replaced by future Roy with Fake arms?

So we saw the origin of Pariah? Ugh. Not impressed. Making him dimension traveling Indiana Jones was just lame... i would have rather have him phase in and out of Earths, and create fear.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was probably the weakest episode of the season so far.
    As cool as it was to see the Season 1 Lian Yu characters again their appearance was kind of random, and didn't really make sense.
    We did get some nice goodbyes at the end though.

14. tomalak301

I was confused by all the explanations, like why the Island didn't look destroyed after being blown up, or why this energy device was bringing back all of Oliver's dead friends and enemies from the Island. Hell, I'm actually surprised it didn't bring back Adrian Chase and tie up that thread from season 5. Maybe it was that that took me out of the story, and like I said, I thought the stuff with Mia was dealt with a few weeks ago that it didn't really need to be addressed again.

15. Morpheus 02

Well, how blowed up was it, really? He didn't set a nuclear bomb, there right? Just a lot of fire... defintely enough to kill WIlliam's mom

ANd didn't ARGUS have a facility there? (how did they lose it, again?)

16. tomalak301

Wasn't it mostly the outer rim of the island? I mean we only know from what we saw from the Boat, but I would have liked a better explanation for why there didn't seem to be any evidence of a bomb rather than what we got. Also, it's been 2 years, which seems too short a time to grow any kind of vegetation.

Like I said, I was confused by all those explanations.

I just watched the Island exploding scene on Youtube and yeah it was a pretty big blast.

17. Morpheus 02

Well....they said there was some special energy on the island, dead people coming back ..it must be the Island from LOST!!!

18. tomalak301

I didn't watch Lost, but based on a short 5 second clips I've seen, wasn't the island they were on a kind of purgatory? Maybe that's a crossover that needed to happen. ;)

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, it wasn't. That was a common theory while the show was on the air, but it turned out to be something else by the end.

20. Morpheus 02

OOhh...forgot about that one too! There we go! Next year's Crossover event!

tomalak301 likes this.