Spoilers The new (massive spoiler) ship!

Actually it's less than half the size of the Enterprise-J, and in fact is even slightly smaller than the Enterprise-I. The Enterprise-J's saucer alone is bigger than the Enterprise-K.

;)
Well we know eventually they get Tadis tech and so they will start to get smaller. On the outside of course.

I'd watch this television program.
That show's called Stargate: Universe, isn't it?
I wonder if a show could work if it was about a ship/ships and crew that were trapped in another Galaxy.

25th century, 29th century, doesn't really matter. Just some kinda situation where a Starfleet crew is flung so far away, that they know, without a doubt, they're never getting home.

What kinda society would they form? Would they explore? Would they settle on a planet and try to start their own Federation? Would divisions form and a certain number the the population splinters from the main group?

Fascinating concept, if not a little similar to Mass Effect Andromeda, Stargate Universe, maybe even Voyager-ish.
Look, at least let someone else ninja me, rather than do it yourself!

Shelby literally called out the launch of the NX-01 being the reason for celebration.

Shelby said in her speech that the launch NX-01 lead to 'what we now know as starfleet'.

So she wasn't saying Starfleet was founded with the NX-01's launch, but just lead to the evolution of the modern starfleet.

Shelby makes it clear that it was "250 years ago today the NX-01 launched"

Frontier Day is the NX-01's launch day

I have not seen that episode yet.

So now that I have seen the episode, isn’t it odd that if Frontier Day is a celebration of the launch of the NX-01, why is the NX-01 stuck in a museum at Athan Prime and not moved to Earth for this day? It’s almost like…they retconned the meaning of Frontier Day halfway through the show…:whistle:

So now that I have seen the episode, isn’t it odd that if Frontier Day is a celebration of the launch of the NX-01, why is the NX-01 stuck in a museum at Athan Prime and not moved to Earth for this day? It’s almost like…they retconned the meaning of Frontier Day halfway through the show…:whistle:
Because it's really a military parade, like the one's in Red Square.

I also had that thought. Like, doesn't the US Navy bring out ol' Ironsides (USS Constitution) every so often for ceremonial purposes? If there's an entire day devoted to celebrating her launch, you'd think they'd dust off the NX-01 and put her at the head of the parade.

I also had that thought. Like, doesn't the US Navy bring out ol' Ironsides (USS Constitution) every so often for ceremonial purposes? If there's an entire day devoted to celebrating her launch, you'd think they'd dust off the NX-01 and put her at the head of the parade.

It does, but it never leaves Boston harbor due to its age and such.

It goes out to the mouth of the harbor and turns around. Military ships come to it, it doesn't go to them.

The only way the analogy would work is if Frontier Day was held at the Fleet Museum

So now that I have seen the episode, isn’t it odd that if Frontier Day is a celebration of the launch of the NX-01, why is the NX-01 stuck in a museum at Athan Prime and not moved to Earth for this day?
We can see the NX-01 flying around Earth Spacedock in one of end credits animations. So I'd wait until Episode 10.

they retconned the meaning of Frontier Day halfway through the show…
Nah. No evidence of that.

Uhm..... We saw a NX-class refit at the museum. I don't believe it was ever identified as the NX-01.

Back