Spoilers The new (massive spoiler) ship!

To a point the skin-tight shields confused me because there were plenty of instances where the shields were still up yet there was damage on the hull, including outright breaches. We saw this in Nemesis and TUC.

In that case it seemed like shields were less about preventing damage but instead softening the impact of damage.

what the point of the -J anyway?
The idea according to Drexler was that it was going to be the first ship to explore other galaxies (hence the Universe class name) and carry basically a entire city. Hence its immense size. He also said that it would have its own Starfleet academy and so people were training to be officers while being on a ship.
He mentioned it would something like trans slipstream tech that would allow it to travel to other galaxies in a matter of weeks.

The idea according to Drexler was that it was going to be the first ship to explore other galaxies (hence the Universe class name) and carry basically a entire city. Hence its immense size. He also said that it would have its own Starfleet academy and so people were training to be officers while being on a ship.
He mentioned it would something like trans slipstream tech that would allow it to travel to other galaxies in a matter of weeks.
damn that's actually pretty damn cool.

I'd watch this television program.

That sounds better than anything with tilly as a teacher at the academy.

If only it looked better I might watch it.

Yeah I’ve been a fan of the E-J since I was able to play it in STO. That thing is a monster! At first I thought it was a little bizarre but the design has grown on me as well. A TV show about its adventures in other galaxies would definitely be interesting. To hell with the 32nd century - it’s still mired in canon. They can go all kinds of crazy in other parts of the universe.

I wonder if a show could work if it was about a ship/ships and crew that were trapped in another Galaxy.

25th century, 29th century, doesn't really matter. Just some kinda situation where a Starfleet crew is flung so far away, that they know, without a doubt, they're never getting home.

What kinda society would they form? Would they explore? Would they settle on a planet and try to start their own Federation? Would divisions form and a certain number the the population splinters from the main group?

Fascinating concept, if not a little similar to Mass Effect Andromeda, Stargate Universe, maybe even Voyager-ish.

Back