Spoilers The new (massive spoiler) ship!

The latter I thought. If she's a Fleet Admiral she probably would have been a flag officer during the Enterprise-E's lifetime.

Her last canonical reference was captain of the Sutherland during the Dominion War (Dax and Worf's wedding to be precise).
That was a different, male Captain Shelby. However, Shelby and her first officer appeared on screen in LD 2x05 "An Embarrassment of Dooplers" .

Kirk was promoted to Admiral after 5 years of commanding the enterprise.
l4R3O0W.gif

Looking at that schematic, I think I finally "get" the Odyssey-class. It is to the Excelsior-class what the Sovereign is to the Constitution II class. I look at the aft view and I'm like, "Oh, Excelsior." It doesn't make me like it better -- I still think it's a bit ungainly -- but it makes more sense to me.
Kinda interesting with the Excelsior comparison, since according to this video posted by Dave Blass, one of the Odyssey-class starships is the USS Hikaru Sulu NCC-92420. He got an even bigger ship! :D

I didn't think it was possible for me to truly and absolutely dislike an Enterprise.... I mean, even the Enterprise-B has a few redeeming qualities, but this....... has literally nothing I like. Every angle is crap. It looks like it was designed by a 12 year old trying to "one-up" his friends.

"Oh yeah? Well my Enterprise is way bigger! And it has has phaser cannons, type 12 phasers, multi-vector operations mode AND a second ship build into it."

Blow it up.

I don't hate it, I agree there's nothing to love and it's going to be thrown under the bus so soon, meaning it's hard to get attached to it.

I agree with @Dukhat. It's a background ship and nice for that. '
'
I don't really get why the ship at the centre of the ceremony had to be an Enterprise.

I don't hate it, I agree there's nothing to love and it's going to be thrown under the bus so soon, meaning it's hard to get attached to it.

I agree with @Dukhat. It's a background ship and nice for that. '
'
I don't really get why the ship at the centre of the ceremony had to be an Enterprise.

It was supposed to be the Enterprises grand decommissioning ceremony

Anyone else find it silly the Enterprise F's flybys were done in slow motion? Like they were intentionally trying to let the ship nuts have as long a look at the ship as possible.
That was a different, male Captain Shelby.
Huh, just looked up the transcript for the episode, and you're right, Captain Shelby is referred to as "he." Which is odd, Ron Moore said it was meant to be a reference to Shelby from TBOBW and it was after the episode aired that Pocket Books got in contact with the DS9 writers and said "what the hell? You told us we could use Shelby in the New Frontier books because there were no plans for her on the show." But if the character was referred to as "he" then why did Pocket Books get so upset in the first place?
Frontier Day is the anniversary of the Enterprise NX-01's launch. Makes sense for the current Enterprise to be the main attraction at the celebrations.

Did anyone notice the reinforced prow on the Saucer?

Almost like they have a feeling sooner or later one of those ships is going to pull a Worf/Deanna maneuver.

:lol:

I was an outspoken critic of the Galaxy-class for a long time, but in recent years my view has started to change with CGI fan art showing it with more dynamic cameras and lighting than they were able to get in the show with physical models and a TV budget.

lCnC7se.gif

mrvNBqL.gif

Plus, it's now the only starship to have made me cry... :wah:
Those look gorgeous. I can pretty much pin point the minute I thought the Galaxy class wasn't so bad.....
e9ZG1Cv.gif

That's the stuff...

I think if Bernd hadn't spent the better part of the last 20 years screaming at clouds (proverbially) in the Trek universe his take would cause more of a stir

But yeah, the E-F isn't a looker
The Odyssey class looks like the Sovereign went out for a week-long drinking binge and came back bloated as hell.

I was an outspoken critic of the Galaxy-class for a long time, but in recent years my view has started to change with CGI fan art showing it with more dynamic cameras and lighting than they were able to get in the show with physical models and a TV budget.

lCnC7se.gif

mrvNBqL.gif

Plus, it's now the only starship to have made me cry... :wah:
Where are these shots from?

Frontier Day is the anniversary of the Enterprise NX-01's launch. Makes sense for the current Enterprise to be the main attraction at the celebrations.

Frontier Day is the anniversary of “Starfleet.” There is nothing at all in the show stating that it has to do with the NX-01’s launch. Unless they’re retconning the founding of Starfleet as 2151 instead of the actual date it was founded.

Back