The most beautiful people in Trek?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Jaespol, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

There has been a lot of beautiful people on trek. Maybe not classic beautyqueens, but still CLASSY beauties.
    For the females I find Jadzia and SevenofNine the most interesting and beautiful. And i will always have a soft spot for young Kirk (but not nuKirk), Trip and Picard.

OH, and just about all in the new movie look like supermodels.

2. Tan Ru

Tan Ru Captain Captain

Nancy Kovack:

[​IMG]

3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  4. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

Two blue-skinned beauties:
    Tarah:
    [​IMG]
    Talas:
    [​IMG]

5. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

There haven't been many really attractive people on Star Trek. Jeri Ryan is about the only one that pops into my head at the moment. Oh, and Terry Farrell. As far as men, I couldn't think of any. I asked my girlfriend; she couldn't think of any, either.

6. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if it was really necessary to uglify the Romulans so much after TOS. Aside from the whole identica to Vulcans thing that got thrown out of the window with the new bumpy foreheads, the new makeup it not just ugly, it looks very unnatural. It's like it's practically screaming "This is makeup!!

Just look at the difference between this:
    or this
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/d/de/RomulanCommander2266.jpg

and this :(

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/3/34/Vreenak2374.jpg
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/4/42/Cretak.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  7. Shazam!

I know : ( I hate the modern Romulan look.

8. apenpaap

I like the new Romulan look. Though I agree the TOS look is prettier.

9. DiSiLLUSiON

That's not Romulan; that's Human. They look exactly like Humans on TOS (except for the mutilated ears). So do the Klingons.

10. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't care if its the first or last season, Major/Colonel Kira Nerys has always, and I mean ALWAYS torn me up. From the first stirrings in my loins the day I saw the premiere (I was 13) til this day (nearing 30), I've always found Nana Visitor extremely beautiful.

11. Shazam!

Which is how they should be. They explained the Klingons, so why not the Romulans?

12. DevilEyes

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/4/42/Cretak.jpg
    And this ^ is not a Romulan either. Romulans don't exist. :rommie: That's a Human - with pointy ears, bumpy forehead and ugly makeup.

It's not a good makeup choice for multiple reasons:

1) it makes no sense, because such a big deal was made out of Romulans looking exactly like Vulcans, and Vulcan look hasn't been retconned;
    2) it looks unnatural - it makes them look like vax figures. I understand wanting to put excessive makeup on actors to point out that they're supposed to be aliens, but does it have to practically scream that it's makeup? It's hardly much more convincing than the Horta or Gorn.
    3) as a result of 2), it is ugly - now, someone might say this is shallow, but other examples show that it's possible to have extensive 'alien' makeup that looks unusual but still somehow manages to look attractive (Cardassian makeup, for instance).

13. apenpaap

^^My own explanation is that the ridges lives on both Vulcan and Romulus, but they are more common on Romulus. This is supported by Spock being able to just walk around Romulus without people screaming "VULCAN!!!!", and the Romulan spy living on Vulcan in the ENT Vulcan arc.

14. DiSiLLUSiON

I always found the Klingon explanation to be nonsense; they shouldn't have had to explain either. If you ask me, the Klingons and Romulans always have looked how they look in the latest series/film; everything that came before simply didn't have the budget or technology required to make it so. Problem solved. :D

I dare to refute Cardassian makeup as attractive; it looks horrible in my opinion. But you've got a good point about the Romulans essentially being Vulcans, only not looking like Vulcans. They should've made the same cosmetic changes to the Vulcans as they did to the Romulans. Just imagine Spock with those ridges; it would have looked wonderful.

15. Shazam!

ie. non-bumpy brow Romulans.

The Klingon explanation was ridiculous and should've been left at Worf's reaction in Trials.. ie. mentioned but not explained in excrutiating detail.

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

17. DiSiLLUSiON

^^ Now THAT should be the new Starfleet uniform. :D

18. DevilEyes

19. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Hoshi, Dax and Crusher are easy picks for my own list.

I also consider some of the guys to be pretty handsome as well, but that's about as far as I can take the thought.

20. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nichelle had a niiiice tummy!