Spoilers The Flash - Season 8 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by thribs, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's evidence, but a single piece of evidence is not conclusive proof, just a step along the way. No need to rush to the presumption of certainty before we actually have it. All we actually know at this point is that it might be happening, and that's good enough for now.

2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if they’ll get Hamil back for one last hurrah as the Trickster. The last time we saw him was him teaming up with Spartacus in season 2 I recall. After that it was just a cameo of the Earth 3 version

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not really sure what to think of the return of Oliver Queen.
    If it's a glorified cameo set during a time travel event, not really something I'm keen on. If it's him returning from the dead somehow, please don't. That was all a bit of a weird thing to happen and let's just leave that be. If it's an Oliver Queen from a different world.... That can't be anymore right? I haven't followed the show deeply since the ending of COIE, but from what I remember there is no more multiverse, except for a hint that maybe a new multiverse coming?

I wasn't to happy with how they ended Oliver's story, but he is my favorite character from the Arrowverse, and I'm personally quite ok if they just let that be now.

4. thribs

There is a multiverse but they have no way of travelling through it yet.
    I thought Oliver wasn’t dead but the Spectre now. He could pop up any time he wants

5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's been awhile but wasn't he the Spectre at the end of COIE--even if he wasn't there is no reason he could be sent back for some reason.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

With his dying breath, the Spectre created a new Multiverse.

Although the new Earth Prime had an Oliver Queen, who saved the day without the new Multiverse dying. So how did earth prime Oliver die, who was a guy who didn't know any one from from Earth 1 or Earth 38.

7. thribs

If he’s dead then who did Felicity visit at the end?

8. Guy Gardener

Either she bodily went to heaven or the Monitor Killed her, and took her to heaven.

Where they wound up was described as "the after life" in the clip provided.

9. Mage

Wasn't he killed as the Spectre?

I also seemed to recall he didn't so much create a new multiverse but a new Earth where Supergirl, Flash and everyone lived together?
    Man, I should rewatch that crossover.

10. Christopher

Both. He restored the Multiverse, but with some changes, including the fact that Earth-1, Earth-38, and Black Lightning's Earth were now merged into Earth-Prime (probably Earth-3 as well, given that Jay Garrick and his wife were established to be living on Earth-Prime now). But we saw that the other worlds of the Multiverse had been restored or new ones created, including the universes of Stargirl, Titans, Doom Patrol, and the Green Lantern movie. Implicitly, every universe destroyed in the Crisis was restored, because CoIE essentially established that every DC screen universe past and present is part of the same multiverse, and that includes the ones still ongoing. So naturally they all had to be restored. The original Earth-2 seems to be the only exception, since it was destroyed before the main antimatter wave. Stargirl's Earth was established as the new Earth-2, as it's based on comics that were set on Earth-2 before the original Crisis.

However, the citizens of Earth-Prime don't know the multiverse survived. They believe they're the only Earth left, but they're not.

11. thribs

The Earth X crisis crossover was better. I would just watch that one. :)

Mage likes this.
  12. Mage

See, I clearly remembered that last line and that stuck. That's all clear now.

13. Christopher

Incidentally, the Arrowverse Wiki interprets it differently than I did -- it says that Earth-Prime includes elements of the old Earth-2 merged in along with the others, and that a new Earth-2 came into being to replace it, so presumably there's also a new Earth-38 and Earth-Whatever-Black-Lighting-Was. Although the universe numbering is supposed to be arbitrary, with different Earths calling themselves Earth-1, except in Crisis on Earth-X, which assumed they all use the same number scheme (and also claimed there were only 52 Earths in all, which was later ignored).

14. Guy Gardener

The original Multiverse was destroyed.

Oliver built a complete new Multiverse.

16 billion years later Oliver murdered the doppelgangers of the Earth One paragons, on Earth Prime, by overwriting the Earth Prime Personalities with their earth one counterparts when they were all almost about the same age and their lives were almost in sync despite that Earth Prime is a composite of Earths 1, 38 and 73.

15. thribs

But wasn’t that Earth-3 which had the Jay Garrick, who later joined Earth Prime

Guy Gardener likes this.
  16. Christopher

Yes, Jay is from Earth-3, but Earth-Prime does include some things from Earth-2 such as Gorilla City and Atlantis.

17. Guy Gardener

I'm half way through season 5.

They arranged Federal relocation and a helicopter for 20 meta criminals, after a bus ride bisecting the whole city, where thousands of policemen roadblocked the city to assure direct transit.

Was Barry against letting these $uckers loose on Earth 2, or is he dumb?

18. thribs

Season 5 bugs me. They keep going on how Cicada is so powerful because he can deactivate metahumans. Then why don’t they just get Kara to beat him? The villain falls apart when you think that.

TheAlmanac and Guy Gardener like this.
  19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Because the show is called “The Flash”, so any solution is going to come from characters on a show called “The Flash.”

20. thribs

How do you explain the crossovers then?
    I mean he asked Oliver for help against Thawne.