Spoilers The Flash - Season 8 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by thribs, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

"Tolerate" does not mean "enjoy" or "love." It just means putting up with something you dislike because you're resigned to it. Is it so wrong to express a wish for something better?

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don’t know if it’d be better, my problems with the show aren’t generally how fast Barry runs or why his powers work.

TheAlmanac likes this.
  3. Christopher

I was expressing my own preferences. I never implied anyone else was required to share them. I respect your right to your own priorities; please respect my right to mine.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sure seemed like you responded to me expressing why it didn't bother me personally and then asked a direct question to which I responded. If you respect my priorities then why not just let my statement stand if not to provoke a bit of discussion?

TheAlmanac and Mage like this.
  5. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener likes this.
  8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Want I want to see for the final season is the actual Flash. The one that wasn’t altered by Thawne. See the attack of Barry’s mother from his perspective.
    Would be interesting to see since according to what they have said about him, he only became the flash in 2020 so he’s only been at it for a few years.

Another thing I would like to see is an actual episode with the Rogues Gallery. So far we have had episodes with only two or three featured but not an actual team of five or more. It seems strange we haven’t had one already.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  9. Christopher

The problem is that it's hard to align the schedules of a whole bunch of different guest stars. They introduced the Rogues piecemeal, and some of the actors went on to other things and were harder to bring back. And of course it's even harder in the COVID era.

What I've long felt they should've done was to devote a whole season to the Rogues as the main threat, signing all the actors to season-long recurring or regular contracts, to guarantee they'd all be available together. Instead of doing three speedster nemeses in a row, they could've devoted season 2 or 3 to the Rogues.

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Nowq that you've said it, I can't believe they never did a Rogue based season. Even if they had to swap some characters around because a few are dead or turned good, and some actors might not be available, it would have been awesome to have non-speedster villains forming a group to steal stuff and protect themselves from The Flash. There was even a DC villain group known as the New Rogues, who were new villains who used the old Rogues weapons, if The Flash show needed to bring in all new actors for the idea to work.

Instead the last few years have been some of the worst villains, and speaking of the Rogues what they did with Mirror Master/the mirror world was, in my opinion, just embarrassing.

11. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wonder if the actual Flash stuff will be wrapped up in the two next to last episodes leaving the last one a special “valentine to the fans” arrowverse finale lol

Guy Gardener likes this.
  12. thribs

Technically Superman and Lois hasn’t been cancelled. It may be set on another universe now for some reason but it’s still an ArrowVerse show.

TheAlmanac likes this.
  13. Christopher

Yes, it's still part of the Arrowverse's Multiverse. John Henry & Natalie Irons fled their Earth when it was destroyed by the antimatter wave from Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's just not on Earth-Prime.

Although technically every remaining DC screen franchise is nominally part of the Crisis multiverse, including Titans, Doom Patrol, and the DCEU movies. They're still separate from the continuous Earth-1/Earth-Prime narrative that's coming to an end with The Flash, though.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I agree too. The Rogues are such a huge, huge part of the comics, that it's a little strange that they've been such a minor part of the show.

15. thribs

Are there any big crossover plans for season 9? I know Stargirl will be in Titans. Will we finally get that Superman/Flash crossover? I want to to see this Thawne confrontation with Superman he was talking about

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find it weird that Crisis is the Arrowverse's tombstone, when the end is so optimistic about a future that began to immediately dissolve.

I forsee shorter seasons and reduced budgets, before inevitable cancellation because the Network was sold.

17. thribs

Yeah, I don’t see Superman and Lois having a season 4. I just thought before they go they would try and do something big. I would love to see the Flash being done under the S&L production team.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  18. Christopher

Nothing huge as far as we know. Diggle, Wally West, and Oliver Queen in some capacity will be back in episode 9, and Dreamer and Batwoman will also reportedly appear. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some, er, surprise cameos planned for the finale, but those are all that have been announced so far, aside from a number of returning Rogues or ex-Rogues (Bloodwork, Pied Piper, Rainbow Raider, The Hotness, Goldface, and a new post-Crisis Captain Boomerang).

That's unconfirmed at this point. The producers have only made ambiguous statements, which suggests it could be happening, but we don't know for sure.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hartley can #uck off, but how about recasting elongated man so that we can bring Sue Back?

I haven't liked the Flash in a while.

Starting a rewatch from season 5, soon, after I cook a pot noodle.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  20. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Though, why else would she be in costume in Toronto?