Spoilers Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 1x03 - "Ghosts of Illyria"

Hit it!

• Total voters
6nYu9bR.gif

Why not, Sarek and Amanda managed it.

ENT "Demons"/"Terra Prime" established that Vulcan/Human hybrids require extensive genetic engineering to become viable. The Talosians seem not to have been capable of that level of genetic engineering to be make different species interfertile (since presumably if they had that tech, they would make more Talosians instead of kidnapping Humans).

...Talosians seem not to have been capable...

"They had no guide to putting me back together"

"Hey do you think this neck part goes on symmetrical?" "Naw put it sideways. ok, now take the extra stuff in a hump right here. pretty sure that's right..."

F
"They had no guide to putting me back together"

"Hey do you think this neck part goes on symmetrical?" "Naw put it sideways. ok, now take the extra stuff in a hump right here. pretty sure that's right..."
Funny thing is you would assume that they would copy their own straight neck humpless physiology which would have been much closer to us. But of course they could have found her bent necked and humped or went off the spattered remains of her fellow crew.
As for different species mating the revelations about Klingon genitals now makes it obvious why Dax had such a thing for that species.

Why not, Sarek and Amanda managed it.
"The Cage"/"The Menagerie" implies that Number One is a human female [http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/16b.htm]:

PIKE: They'll need a pair of humans too. Where do they get intend to get the Earth woman?

[...]

PIKE: Look, I'll make a deal with you. You and your life for the lives of these two Earth women. You give me proof that our ship is all right, send these two back, and I'll stay with Vina.
NUMBER ONE: (setting laser pistol to overload) It's wrong to create a whole race of humans to live as slaves.​

"The Cage"/"The Menagerie" implies that Number One is a human female [http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/16b.htm]:

PIKE: They'll need a pair of humans too. Where do they get intend to get the Earth woman?

[...]

PIKE: Look, I'll make a deal with you. You and your life for the lives of these two Earth women. You give me proof that our ship is all right, send these two back, and I'll stay with Vina.
NUMBER ONE: (setting laser pistol to overload) It's wrong to create a whole race of humans to live as slaves.​

To be fair at the time that's what Una was pretending.

[...]

Was Like saying that because it was definitively, absolutely, 100% for sure they case or because that's what he assumed was true because that was the lie Una was putting out there?

Oh noes, the canon! lol

As much as I love The Cage / Menagerie, I prefer SNW retcon for the character. In a way, her being an alien adds a new meaning to Pike's "You're different" comment to her.

(the stupid, "woman on the bridge" comment is not redeemed by it though)

Last edited:
ENT "Demons"/"Terra Prime" established that Vulcan/Human hybrids require extensive genetic engineering to become viable. The Talosians seem not to have been capable of that level of genetic engineering to be make different species interfertile (since presumably if they had that tech, they would make more Talosians instead of kidnapping Humans).
seska had a child with a Jason without even trying...

Back