Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    This.

I get it; fans want information and sites want clicks. But patience is a virtue is not just a lesson for kids. There is such a thing as delayed gratification. The shows will happen and we will know.

TedShatner10, MrPicard and Danja like this.
  2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes it It doesn't mean John Delancie will return as Q for Picard season 2. Just because Jonathan Frakes posted old convention pictures on his twitter page.And because Trekmovie posted this as news doesn't mean someone will star in season 2 of Picard.

Lord Garth, TedShatner10 and Danja like this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can 100% imagine Q being in season 2. Other than the Borg, he's been TNG's recurring nemesis/annoyance.

Random_Spock, Sarxus and cooleddie74 like this.
  4. Reanok

John Jackson Miller in the Treklit forum posted he has a new Picard novel about Captain Rios coming out in August called Rogue Elements.

Markonian, Kilana2 and Danja like this.
  5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here. It would be something to see him finding out about what has happened to Picard.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Provided they even find out. I could see Picard confiding in Beverly but keeping the truth from the others. He might believe crewmates like Worf or Riker might take umbrage at the thought their former commanding officer and their friend was now technically an artificial entity.

Reanok likes this.
  7. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would be so interesting to find out more about Guinan's history as an imp who can keep a Q at bay with claw fingers!

Lord Garth, Random_Spock and Reanok like this.
  8. Reanok

I liked how Guinan intimidated Q and always wondered how they met for the first time when I recently rewatched a Q show on tv .I always enjoy seeing Guinan on TNG.:bolian:

9. David Hanley

David Hanley Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Has anyone picked up on the Earl Grey decaf yet? I was so ready for “Earl grey, hot” such a let down.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    I don't do tea.

11. Reanok

Jeri Ryan and Isa Briones have been nominated for the Saturn awards for best Guest starring role in a scfi series and best Young actress catagorey for Isa Briones. Congratulations for the actresses to be nominated for the Saturn awards,

12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

I was listening to an interview with Robert Picardo, and he really enjoyed season 1.

He said wouldn’t mind coming back, but he’s not sure if the Doctor would work because he shouldn’t age, but Doctor Zimmerman would be cool.

Markonian and Random_Spock like this.
  13. Coops

Coops Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think Q will be back and, what's more, I think they'll spend a few bars of latinum to de-age De Lancie for a short while before he dialogues that he's going to age himself inline with mon capitan.

Reanok, Random_Spock and Paul Weaver like this.
  14. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Rear Admiral Premium Member

New picture from season 2 shooting
    upload_2021-3-10_13-58-57.png

Unicron, Anduinel, Kilana2 and 3 others like this.
  15. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Kilana2 likes this.
  16. Reanok

Patrick Stewart has also been nominated for a saturn award for leading actor in a scifi series.

17. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Captain Captain

Do we know that season 2 will also be 10 episodes?

Quinton likes this.
  18. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was completely underwhelmed by Picard on a first watch early last year, but I've been having an urge for a rewatch recently and put episode 1 on today. I think released from the weight of expectation I'm enjoying it a lot more and seeing a lot of the care that's gone into the details. I didn't spot the Stargazer in the archive on a first watch for example. I'm going to take it slowly rather than binge but I felt this time around that episode 1 is a quiet tautly constructed thing that lays out everything the show is going to be about.

Picard as portrayed at the start of the show is a man who's absolutely not in charge and maybe that's what I didn't like first time. He's dismissed and treated as a kind of relic and in many ways views himself that way too, making several references to living in history rather than the now. What's more, in what I found to be very economical scripting, the first episode lays out a skeletal framework for everything that's happened from Nemesis to Remembrance, whilst giving Picard a purpose that stems from his own past (Data) whilst motivating him in the present.

The Borg Cube is beautifully teased for the cliffhanger as well. The shot cuts out just as we get the full reveal of the structure with enough 'is that...?' moments before then.

Basically, Remembrance is a gorgeous slice of television. I'm looking forward to rewatching the rest for a proper reappraisal. Has anyone else found they were nonplussed on a first viewing and then bowled over by a second go?

19. Quinton

Quinton Commander Red Shirt

Wikipedia's page claims it will run for 10 episodes. Of course, Wikipedia is... Wikipedia. I'm not sure it's been officially stated yet.

I hope you continue to enjoy the show more on your second viewing, but FWIW, I found "Remembrance" to be the peak of the show up until "Nepenthe."

20. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

I also loved the use of the TOS music that is associated with the Romulans.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021