Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x05 - "Imposters"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Mar 15, 2023.

?

Engage!

1. 10 - Excellent!

43.5%
  2. 9

35.3%
  3. 8

11.0%
  4. 7

6.3%
  5. 6

2.0%
  6. 5

0.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0.4%
  9. 2

0.4%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

0.4%
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure, Odo is just a drop in the ocean. But as per the female Founder, when a Changeling joins with the Great Link, the drop becomes the Ocean.

TedShatner10, Lord Garth and Athena28 like this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you play Othello?

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  3. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup.

4. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Nanonads theory gaining ground then.

5. Chensams

Chensams Vice Admiral Admiral

I find it hard to rank PIC, DSC and SNW against PRO and LD as the animated shows are so vastly different.

Commander Troi likes this.
  6. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I found it hard too, at first, a few months ago, but I figured out how to kind-of make it work. I just ignored everything else and thought about three things and three things only: How invested am I in this? How much fault can I find with it? How excited am I about it?

SNW is the most unusual one: I think the series is good, but it just doesn't get me excited. A lot of the stories feel like "been there, done that", but the characterization is very good and I can't really find any actual fault with it. I find myself more interested in La'an and Number One than Spock or Uhura, strange as that sounds. Ortegas, I could take or leave. M'Benga seems very sage. Chapel is quirky and much better in SNW than TOS. Pike is a good lead. With DSC and PIC, I'll watch the episodes as soon as they drop (as insane as that is considering my time zone). Except for PIC Season 2, after a certain point, where I'd watch the next morning. With SNW, I'd still watch, but a lot of times I'd wait a few days. The urgency isn't there. So that makes it the perfect "middle ground" for me. Then I compared everything else against it.

I liked Prodigy Season 1 better than SNW Season 1, but not more than anything above it. So I was able to place it where I did. With Lower Decks, it joins the very short list of Star Trek shows I stopped watching during first-run. So, once again, that made it easy for me to place. Even there, though, it's not that I didn't like Lower Decks, just that I wasn't interested enough in it to keep watching. The only Star Trek series I outright disliked was Enterprise. Six episodes and I was out.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    Chensams and jaime like this.
  7. Gilora

Gilora Commander Red Shirt

I love In the Cards, directed by one Michael Dorn. And you can tell that it's directed by him when Jake stands up to his full height and gives his fake speech to Weyoun.

Paul Weaver likes this.
  8. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Thanks for the list! I'll have to check out Hello Tomorrow, Shrinking, Russian Doll, and Emily in Paris - those are the ones I hadn't heard of/seen.

9. Anduinel

Anduinel Captain Captain

Late to the party. XD

But anyway, I liked this one. I find Jack more interesting when he's got his own plot going on, even if he's not having a very fun time of it himself. Worf and Raffi continue to be the buddy cop pairing I didn't know I needed. Ro's reappearance was fine; I liked seeing Forbes in the role again, but I wasn't exactly salivating for her to turn up as another show-up-and-die legacy cameo in this show. But it was a better end than Q, Hugh, or Icheb got, so there's that. The Intrepid turning to face the Titan was the shot of the episode, though - the last time I saw a ship look that pissed off, it was a Shadow vessel. :luvlove: Still finding Shaw tiresome, though I do take some glee in the fact that he's clearly not going to need the nap he so badly needs any time soon. Looking forward to what's waiting at Daystrom.

10. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes. I didn't see those images, so I didn't know Worf was in Starfleet. I suspected that he could still work for Starfleet Intelligence even if he wasn't an officer.

I also said that, even at the rank of captain, it doesn't necessarily mean that a commander couldn't have situational authority over him.

Paul Weaver and Mage like this.
  11. The Master of Tarquin Hill

The Master of Tarquin Hill Commodore Commodore

TNG season 1 "Arsenal of Freedom" Geordi vs. the Dickhead

12. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I was one who thought it was out of character for Beverly to keep Jack a secret from everyone and to ghost the crew. However, I'm now thinking it's actually a valid plot point because she knows more about Jack than what she's said. For some reason, she thought it was dangerous for Jack and Picard to reconnect.

(Although, I'm not sure about Jack at 10 Forward. If it wasn't for the fluke of Picard saying that line about Starfleet being his only family exactly when Jack was there (what are the odds?!), Jack might have wanted to reconnect. But I digress . . .)

My best guess is that Jack has Borg nanites via Picard/Locutus. Perhaps inactive and undetectable until proximity to Changlings woke them up. Now the nanites are trying to control him and also protect him from the Changlings. For some reason, the Changlings want the nanites. Possibly because the nanites can detect the Changlings, which could foil their plans, but there's possibly more to it.

Of course, Seven has nanites as far as I know that aren't behaving the same way. But perhaps Locutus passed on special nanites?

All guesses but I'm really curious to see how it plays out! :)

Commander Troi and jaime like this.
  13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Logan.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  14. TV's Frank

TV's Frank Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably because Picard as a human being died in season 1 and his consciousness is now in the golem/android body, ergo no more Borg nanoprobes.

Commander Troi likes this.
  15. Guy Gardener

Nope.

Golum Picard's soul was shifted into alt universe General Picard's evil robot body in season 2, that probably has a kill mode that can fell an elephant.

jaime and Richard S. Ta like this.
  16. Spike730

Spike730 Captain Captain

Except she didn't. She told Jack where he could find his old man and he did in fact check up on him.

17. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Although, I was not much a fan of the past two seasons of Discovery and the previous season of Picard. However, I loved the previous season of SNW and referred to that season as the best start to a ST series since TOS and the best season of streaming Trek (although Disco 2nd season is damn good).

However, this season of Picard is certainly giving SNW a run for its money. I won't be able to compare fully until the season ends of course. But it's close right now.

And, yes, don't dilute this intense season with some comedy fluff! That would kill the momentum of this thrilling rollercoaster ride!

18. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I find Iago is a more compelling character to play.

Gilora, Commander Troi and Crewman6 like this.
  19. Guy Gardener

By far the best character in Aladdin.

20. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Genius, Guy and so quick!

Thanks for the chuckle!