Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 3x06 - "Hear All, Trust Nothing"

Rate the episode...

• Total voters
Perhaps they can use them if they want? Tendi had some sort of partial mind control abilities when visiting the pirate outpost last season…

I think the actual quote was “some orions”!
probably but not necessarily: I know that in the books the Bajoran militias was integrated in Starfleet, but I always found that odd and uncalled for. Speaking of that, wasn’t Kira a Starfleet Commander by the end of the series? I guess she resigned a position she never really wanted, accepted for political reasons, and went back to the militia.
Kira wore a Starfleet uniform for most of the final arc, but she was in the Bajoran militia uniform again by the end.

Loved this episode. As soon as I heard the DS9 theme, I got the feels. Seeing DS9, the wormhole, the promenade, ops, Kira, Quark's, this episode made me miss DS9. This ep was the perfect crossover between Lower Decks and DS9. And it felt like a lost DS9 episode. The plot of the Gamma quadrant coming to DS9 for negotiations and then discovering Quark screwed them to make a profit, was classic DS9. And seeing Tendi show that Orion pirate side of her was very cool. Boimler winning at Dabo was hilarious. The subplot with Mariner was nice too. And Shaxs and Kyra arguing over who owed who for saving the other during the occupation was great.

I am curious: did Nana Visitor and Armin Shimerman do the voices for Kyra and Quark? The voices did seem a little off to me.
Perhaps because they are older now? I remember being distracted by the voices of Holly Hunter and Craig T. Nelson in the Incredibles 2 because they were noticeably older. But I got past it pretty quick because it was so good. Like this episode.

Was that John Lithgow voicing the lead Karemma guy? I didn't see his name in credits (of course it was really late when I watched and I could have missed it.

Not every female Orion has pheromones to control men. Not sure how that works, is it a genetic ability, genetically engineered ability, or technology enhanced to have special pheromones?

Could be genetic, but like lactose tolerance in adult humans, only some people have it.

Speaking of that, wasn’t Kira a Starfleet Commander by the end of the series?
It was a temporary commission as they thought having her be uniformed as a militia officer would antagonize the Cardassians too much or something like that.

Also as stated earlier, she was back in her Militia uniform by the end of the series.

Last edited:
Didn’t think that was Kira at first. She looked rather young.

I don't think we ever found out how long Bajorans live relative to Humans did we? Their natural lifespan could be several times ours, thus they may age slower or slightly differently. But this isn't that far into the future after the end of DS9 anyway. Dominion War ended in 2375, it's only 2380.

Last edited:
Easily the best episode so far this season. Its held back a bit by mostly just being a bunch of gags with barely any story holding them together, and the Mariner section was kind of weak, but overall it was a lot of fun and having Kira and Quark show up was great.

8/10

My only lamentation was the lack of Dax, and mention of Sisko's fate, but I imagine those would both be elements writers might want to develop in the serious shows, so I didn't expect much there.

This episode was fantastic. Kira and Quark returning, Kira having a history with Shax, Tendi unleashing her inner pirate, the other Orion being a jab at Worf (raised by humans, flaunting a stereotype of his birth culture). But the funniest part was when the Cerritos was trying to buy time by flying around the station, with the DS9 theme.

Nostalgia overload!!

Literally two seconds after I thought “Shouldn’t Morn be here?” he appears in the background.

Nice development for Tendi. Reflects bad on Mariner when she tried to make Tendi roleplay a pirate. Expands options for her that she can use the Orion pirate skill set for good.

Literally two seconds after I thought “Shouldn’t Morn be here?” he appears in the background.
Heh ... Actually, he appeared in the Foreground as Boimler, Rutherford & Tendi walked behind him.

(7:30)
VGipjkR.png

9/10 for me. The only thing I think that keeps it from being a 10 is the overall weakness of Mariners story. They payoff to it was great “I want you to rip them a new one” but the rest…ehhh…

everything else was top notch. Kira and Shax, Quark, the Dominion War mention, Tendi kicking all sorts of ass once she unleashed her inner pirate. Bold Boimler trading his stacks of Latinum for Quarks Bucks.

Just so good.

Back