Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 3x05 - "Reflections"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by Commander Richard, Sep 21, 2022.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

25.3%
  2. 9

38.6%
  3. 8

32.5%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

2.4%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1 - Terrible.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did like the whole part about Starfleet definitely being/not being a military.

Oh, and Rutherford mentioned his racing project "needed funding", so there's another sliver of evidence for money in the 24th Century... ;)

Commander Troi and jackoverfull like this.
  2. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know. All I’m saying is that nothing prevents a return of the emissary down the line.
    By the way, we know they’ll visit DS9 later in the season…

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Just say it’s ketchup. :)

4. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Not later. It’s the next episode

jackoverfull likes this.
  5. Richard S. Ta

That is later isn't it?

Not by much, but it is.

:shrug:

6. Kirk1980

Kirk1980 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Boimler continues speaking out how I feel about Starfleet/Trek. This show just makes me happy. I thought I was a dinosaur for loving the simpler stories, the science stories, the weird ones... TOS/TNG. I know it's incredibly selfish, but it feels like this is Trek made for me.

7. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I also got excited about Countdown and Last Best Hope, it's understandable. Some comics and novels are so great they should be canonized ;)

He doesn't look much worse than at the end of S1 when the implant was ripped out. If the kid saw that and was fine with it, this should be similar.

8. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

It's been lackluster so far, but finally this episode had some meat on its bones... Liked the Boimler passion, loved the Rutherford backstory...

9. Richard S. Ta

I don't think there's anything selfish about what you just said.

Kirk1980 and Commander Troi like this.
  10. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Sisko abandoned his pregnant wife because the Prophets demanded restitution, okay.
    But it’s years later and he hasn’t returned? There’s no good reason for that. The Prophets hold him hostage and consigned Yates to be a single mother. How did she make do? Did she have to marry Jake to ensure her unborn would have a father?

The First Splinter timeline solved it nearly by having Sisko return in 2376, in time for Rebecca’s birth and the Bajoran accession to the Federation.

Deledrius and jackoverfull like this.
  11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Best of the season so far. Loved them acknowledging the constsntly changing uniforms and touching on the never ending "is Starfleet military" debate. Sam's backstory was fun and Boimler's Flanders meldown was hilarious.

12. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I appreciate that the Independent Archeologist Guild refers to themselves as "Indy Archeologists"

13. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

loved it, nice of them to do more with the Rutherford background.
    and Becky trying to recruit was funny, Do I get a window? Sure, lots of windows ( Just not in the transporter room)
    And Bradwards Epic meltdown was hilarious!

Commander Troi likes this.
  14. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why can’t they have Windows in transporter rooms, though?

Apart that you’d want to use something more stable for this kind of delicate operations, that is.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

You'd think Chief O'Brien would be the poster boy for transporter chief to serving on the bridge!

Anyway a superb episode, not for the first time LD packs more plot into 25 minutes than most shows can squeeze into 50. Glad they're following up on Rutherford's implant, nice they left some more mystery though. I may have had something in my eye when Tendi squealed with delight at having her best friend back :) I also loved Rutherford imagining his friends were there to help him. That was a very Trek moment.

Boimler going postal was very funny.

I do think it's a shame that not even a smidgen of young Rutherford's personality survived and merged with our Rutherford (although who knows maybe the odd character trait might have snuck through, time will tell)

16. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I gave that a 9, as it was my favourite episode so far this season. :techman:

Learning more about Rutherford was awesome, and seeing that his face implant was actually part of a cover-up was a cool twist. The fight with the reflection was nicely done as well.

Boimler and Mariner really had me in stitches at various points during their little time at the stand. Boimler going full Hulk at the end as he lashed out at everyone who had been getting their digs in was funny, as was the fact that it was attracting positive attention for join-ups. :D

Ransom being proud of Boimler for sticking up for Starfleet, despite his actions landing him in the brig, was great. :)

The final moment as they were all gathered together outside Boimler's cell was a nice touch.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That comic is set prior to Nemesis. Since Lower Decks is set after Nemesis, and this episode establishes Sisko still hasn't returned, well...
    Bro, do you even Star Trek tie-in material?

Nerys Myk, ExtremeSail and Markonian like this.
  18. ExtremeSail

ExtremeSail Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

LOL unfortunately(?) not

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, if you had, you'd know this dance has been done a thousand times before, nine hundred of which has involved IDW.

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Trek doesn't do canon tie ins. Doesn't take away from the quality of the story.