Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 1x11 - "The Wolf Inside"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Jan 14, 2018.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Loved every minute of it!

30.9%
  2. 9

25.4%
  3. 8

19.9%
  4. 7

13.3%
  5. 6

3.1%
  6. 5

2.7%
  7. 4

2.7%
  8. 3

1.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Hated every second!

0.4%
  1. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I wonder if we'll get to see mirror discovery?
    If not I wonder if our Discovery finds starfleet is after them because mirror Discovery decided to say hello to the vulcans?
    Or they could have won the war.

2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Oh yes the geek in me should have known that.:alienblush:

Jackson_Roykirk likes this.
  3. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

They've always been more powerful than nukes - they use a matter-antimatter explosion ffs! The yield is measured in some series as "isotons" which, whilst not defined, is unlikely to be smaller than megatons for the simple reason we already HAVE measurements smaller than megatons.

4. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That, and the abundance of conifer-forest planets that they dialed up. ;)

5. Feron

Feron Commander Red Shirt

Dictatorships torture people to keep them and the rest of the populace in line. If someone could potentially become a threat, they are killed. The dictatorship lives in constant fear as well.

6. Attentiveluke

Attentiveluke Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just watched it and I’m disappointed. Dragging the story out, still not shown the USS Defiant, Ash story boring, Stamets story boring, Georgiou as empresss boring and predictable. I pine for the days of episodic Star Trek. 4/10

ITDUDE and werdegast like this.
  7. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

imagine the uproar if after last week's exploits capt killy/cadet tilly hadn't shown up yesterday

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Emperor's Ship appears to have a miniature sun powering it or something
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't Mirror Voq, along with his merry band, kinda crispy now?

I believe it was implied they didn't get the chance to evacuate before the Empress blew everything up.

10. Feron

Feron Commander Red Shirt

On After Trek, one of the folks involved with the show stated that "if you don't see the bodies, you don't know for sure that they are dead."

KennyB, lawman and Markonian like this.
  11. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Overall, I liked this one. It was much more serious in its take on the MU than last week, and went to some pretty dark places along the way. Discovery is tapping into the true brutality of the Terran Empire and it is well crafted (the slightly cheesy emperor appearance aside).

I liked the idea of a pseudo Federation forming against the Empire, under a Klingon instead of a human, although I'm a little unclear what Burnham got from that meeting - she thanks him for his wisdom but as far as I could see, 'the enemy of my enemy...' was all he came up with.

The stuff with Stamets was interesting, and I'm interested in what they're doing with him and mirror Stamets. It was nice to see Tilly taking the initiative to tackle a problem and showing confidence.

Bit light on Lorca - the opening implies they've been on the Shenzhou for some time, so has he been hanging out in the Agony Booth?

I'd give this one a 7.

KennyB, lawman and Markonian like this.
  12. ElimGarak.93-99

ElimGarak.93-99 Captain Captain

With that one scene I thought about DS9's Rock and Shoals too. We don't know for sure if it is the same place, but it's looked familiar enough. In the DS9 episode the ridge where they walked over during the prisoners exchange was higher, than we saw in this scene.

Now with the empress this closeby I really do hope that Lorca survives the mirror universe.

13. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can't wait to see the Emperor's ship more. Really interesting to me how just awful, garish, pointless it looks. I'm sure it's armed but it looks like a weird tourist cruise ship to me.

Markonian likes this.
  14. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

"The evacuation isn't complete!" =/= "Everyone died!"

Tactically, you evacuate your top brass first, unless you're the Rebel Alliance.

KennyB, lawman, Jesse1066 and 2 others like this.
  15. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

I think Lorca may be about to pull off an assassination.

16. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

That's gonna come in handy hundred-ish years from now when Dominion shows up... ;)

I got the impression she was thanking him for the wisdom of not killing them after Tyler went apeshit and going along with her plan, not for "enemy of my enemy..."

17. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He also came up with (paraphrased): "We cannot deal with others until we (the houses) are united ourselves."

I suspect that part's going to be key to Burnham's evolving understanding of the Klingons and how the war might finally be stopped.

Markonian likes this.
  18. Jesse1066

Jesse1066 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The maximum yield of a standard photon torpedo has been calculated to be around 64 megatons of TNT. That's a bit more than the Tsar Bomba. In a vacuum, the blast radius is relatively small, but it seems to spread quite a bit more in an atmosphere.
    Well, they are an alliance of rebels fighting an oppressive Empire that hates nonhumans and loves destroying planets.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

So perfect for the MU?

20. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When Voq said something about putting the houses in order, just before Tyler attacked, Burnham's face said she had a spark of an idea.