Star Trek: Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Then I stand corrected in my response, which unfortunatly was based on a typo it seems. Thus, my apologies to you.

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Nothing to be sorry about. It was a great response to anyone who would say such things.

Back to that moment. I had a little argument with Axanar's editor on twitter the other day regarding that scene and he certainly sees it as something that shows Sonya's character as someone who recognizes what this is really going on. Though did find it silly when he asked me why I'm more offended by their use of language rather than their brutal actions that killed thousands. Two words. Archer Arena.

He also pointed out that the Klingons in Axanar are more of the "R-Rated" type instead of the TV/PG Movie that Star Trek is accustomed to. Watching the short again, I can't help but think they missed that opportunity a bit. if you're going to have Klingons be the "R-Rated" type, and you have actual actors playing Klingons in full Klingon make up, I have three words. Show, don't tell! There is really nothing about Kharn's character that reflects the kind of "R-Rated" behavior. He seems very laid back, composed and respectful.

If their plan on expanding this material goes well, I hope that they can give Sonya something where we can see more of what makes her a dangerous Captain to the Klingons. I'm not asking them to remove it the insult, just not to leave it at that.

3. spiff628

spiff628 Ensign Red Shirt

This is what should have been done by Abrams and his rabble. Kudos to Alec Peters and his group. This is STAR TREK!!!

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just saw this:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HJqLJozwNs[/yt]
    I absolutely cracked up at "The Enterprise, being built in space... as it should be", followed by ONE guy clapping righteously.:lol:
    Awesome CG work, as always.

It actually brought to light something - Prelude states that the new Heavy Cruisers are being built at Axanar, and we get a shot of the Enterprise. But I thought the Enterprise was built in the San Francisco yards in orbit of Earth?

5. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

This was addressed somewhere else. That thread said that you can't jump to conclusions from how things appear in Prelude to Axanar. My two cents: a ship might be built in San Francisco and given a new drive or repaired (or resupplied) at Axanar.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I wish they would simply state that they aren't trying to bullshit us and that it serves the stories purpose to have the Enterprise built and launched from Axanar (if that is the case).

I'm tiring of "this background graphic says this", "so I'm going to bitch and moan because I simply don't have anything better to do".

7. tobiasrichter

tobiasrichter Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, I can´t tell you the solution, but it is not that hard to guess. Listen closely to what is being said and who says it. I can asure you we´re not violating canon.

8. Barbreader

I find this post confusing. So, I am not going to try to respond to it directly, since I'm quite unsure of what you are saying.

Anyway, this is a war story. I would expect all the ships in it to suffer damage and have to go to ship yards for major repairs from time to time.

So, Any ship could be repaired at any nearby ship yard.

I don't see the issue.

9. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Given that the Enterprise was nearly complete, I would say the Enterprise was on a shakedown cruise or a builder's cruise and went to Axanar for some finishing touches.

10. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Built on Earth or built in space, why do they put the name and registry on the ship when it's physically not done yet? Does it take months for the paint to dry or something?

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The Enterprise could have been built at Axanar and still not violate the bridge plaque. There is no plaque prior to the series proper and the ship obviously underwent a major refit between the pilot and the series. The refit could have happened at the San Francisco Naval Yards.

12. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

That or the had it moved there to act as bait.

Kind of like Palpatine visiting the Death Star II to make the Rebels more likely to attack it and fall into his trap.

13. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm fairly certain that at the very least, the information of the heavy cruisers being built at Axanar is a trap setup for Kharn by Garth of Izar.

Enterprise (possibly not named yet, but with a registry number of NCC-1701) looks about complete, while the other one looks less than functional. Either they will be moved to Axanar for the trap (or are being fitted out with something prior to commissioning at Earth), or they are towed to Axanar as part of the trap. They might not be finished, but are their weapons functional enough to take out a D7 at range? That was something Enterprise could do that ships like Ares probably can't. They also could be in Earth orbit. The planet in the visual of the two drydocks looks a lot like the planet out the window of "starbase 1" where Garth's interview is taking place...and that is over Earth.

We know the shuttles are important to the plot somehow as they spent a lot of time working on the shuttlecraft for Axanar when the regular shuttlecraft seen in the series would have done just fine. That and the list of ships includes names for something like 20 shuttlecraft along with around 30 Federation Starships (all those Kelvin-based ships (4 classes) plus Ares and Enterprise). As well as the six types of Klingon ship (the Enterprise era Bird of Prey, the Raptor, the D4 cruiser, which seems to be based off the ship that was going to be in Enterprise episode "Unexpected". Then the Enterprise era D5 cruiser, Axanar's own D6 cruiser and the "dreaded" D7 battlecruiser).

14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

That's certainly how it sounds to me too. Not that I noticed the first time, but when I rewatched it with the "listen to what is said and who says it" hint from Tobias it sounded like that's the deal.

We'll see. :)

15. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just accept that the Enterprise is at Axanar for some reason for another. I don't mind for what reason, just that we get to see her in action.

16. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

We wait to see Captain Robert April in command.

17. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Placing your most advanced weapons in one place as trap is tactically stupid. What if your plan doesn't work? Then you have at least two of your most advanced pieces of technology destroyed or captured by the enemy.

18. Hallgarth

Hallgarth Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Who's to say the Connies were ever over Axanar. What we could be seeing is the Connie's over Earth, they just led the Klingons to believe they were being built over Axanar when they're not.

And hey, this is my first post (even though I've been registered since '11)

19. Barbreader

Welcome to posting.

20. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Two words: Fan Service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.