Spidey OUT of MCU

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Scarlet Witch.

SolarisOne and Grendelsbayne like this.
  2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Tomorrow Never Knows Premium Member

Captain Marvel, Photon/Pulsar/Spectrum/Captain Rambeau (fingers crossed)

SolarisOne and Jinn like this.
  3. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fingers crossed yes, but technically we don't know if Carol's still on Earth or what Monica's situation is at all.

4. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure, but that's why I said "for a fact". Black Panther was never really an Avenger (yes, I know Cap essentially deputised everyone present in *that scene*, but still!) Plus, he's a King, with an army and probably has lots of other things to do.

Same deal with Scott and Hope; the latter of which was a wanted felon last we hear, and while a pardon is almost a certainly at this point...we don't know for a fact. ;)

We don't quite know what the deal is yet with Sam & Bucky until their show comes on. I mean probably? Sure! Definitely? Well the rumour is that the show with focus on the US Government trying to frustrate Sam from taking on Cap's mantle, and how far they go with that we'll have to wait and see. Plus like Hope, Bucky is also a Schrodingers Fellon fort he time being, so for all we know they could both be on the lamb.

Basically what I was getting at that FFH certainly gave the impression that nobody other than Beck and Peter were available to deal with a potentially world ending event. So odds are, all the ones left on Earth are out of contact for one reason or another and as such, probably not active Avengers in the strictest sense.
    Quite possibly. But also quite possibly she's no longer active. Indeed, given the implications of her upcoming show and subsequent role in Strange 2, it's seems more likely that post Endgame she's in not fit state to be "Avenging".
    I also specified "on Earth". ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    The Nth Doctor likes this.
  5. Nerys Myk

Captain Rambeau it is then.

Jinn likes this.
  6. Grendelsbayne

Eh, by those standards I wouldn't call Spidey an 'active Avenger', either. Yeah Fury roped him into a caper, but that's not the same thing. And FFH's ending leaves him in the same Schrodinger's what the heck is going on with this guy right now position as others.

Personally, I just don't buy the idea of an 'Official' Avengers roster in the first place. The Avengers are whoever shows up to fight the good fight together. So for me, everyone who isn't dead, retired or probably/possibly retired is currently an active Avenger until we see otherwise.

SolarisOne and M'rk son of Mogh like this.
  7. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

That's very Defenders :D

The Nth Doctor and Grendelsbayne like this.
  8. Nerys Myk

I's like to see a few new members introduced. Maybe Giant-Man (Bill Foster, jr?)

9. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Unlike these guys and gal.
    [​IMG]

"Big round table with six chairs, and room for more"

10. Turtletrekker

Gaith likes this.
  11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But what would stop them--and any sense of responsibility--from joining the fight? Unless the forthcoming TV shows explain why they were so tied up (essentially what the comics did for generations when say, Spider-Man missed some grave situation also taking place in New York), get ready for large plot issues, or unexplained gaps that stretches credibility about what heroes are up to when the world is falling apart.

12. Turtletrekker

13. Grendelsbayne

Not sure if that's really meant to be an argument against what I said or not, but for the record I'm not saying he was never an Avenger. I'm saying if our standards are as strict as Reverend proposes, then his behavior in FFH (very heavily determined not to get involved in Avengers level stuff, even though he ultimately doesn't get his way) combined with the ending of that film is more than enough to call his current status into question right alongside Falcon, Winter Soldier, etc.

14. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Guys, I'm not really suggesting that he IS the only active Avenger on Earth, so much as that's the impression the last movie seemed to give. They even hinted at it in a certain post credits scene where a certain someone didn't seem to have any clue where any of them had gotten to. The point being that if the next non-solo is not an Avengers movie but a cameo in someone else's solo, it'd be a bit odd.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    The Nth Doctor likes this.
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Civil War was pretty much the end of the official Avengers team, and the end of Endgame seemed to pretty much put a cap on that.
    When we do eventually get a new Avengers movie, I'm thinking a bit part of it will be building a new team. We do have quite a few heroes around now, but I'm not really sure how many of them are really in a position to be on a team full time.
    Black Panther is a king, so most of his time will be devoted to that, Capt. Marvel seems more concerned with space stuff than Earth stuff, we won't know Falcon, Winter Soldier, or Scarlett Witch's status quos until after their series. Dr. Strange is probably not going to be involved in non-magical threats that aren't related to the Infinity Stones, Banner might be active, Spider-Man is a question mark until his third movie, and we don't really know what Ant-Man and the Wasp's status quo is right now.
    Whether Spider-Man is a part of that team will probably depend on how Spider-Man: Home 3 ends, and whether or not he pops up in one of the other Phase 4 or 5 movies before it.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  16. Turtletrekker

Black Panther currently serves as Chairman of the Avengers in the comics. T'Challa may see taking over the operation of the Avengers as a natural extension of Wakanda taking a larger role in world events.

SolarisOne and Grendelsbayne like this.
  17. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Take it sleazy Moderator

I'm not sure how tied things are to the MCU canon, but the upcoming Disney attractions are all centered on Avengers campuses set up across the globe (conveniently in Disney parks) and there is going to be one ride that involves a quinjet flight to Wakanda implying increased ties between them and the Avengers.

18. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

Busy lad.

19. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Further proof that Tom Holland is a truly wonderful guy.