Spoilers She-Hulk: Attorney at Law discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Scrooge Doctor, Aug 14, 2022.

1. The Scrooge Doctor

The Scrooge Doctor Bah humbug! Premium Member

I found it jarring, too, but in a good way. I imagine on repeat views, it won't stand as much and therefore even more enjoyable.

LaxScrutiny likes this.
  2. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always noticed and liked his smirk/smile on just one side, and we saw it often enough in his show. I felt it expressed that, for various reasons we saw, he had a hard time letting himself be fully happy. The last scene of the series with him, Karen, and Foggy having a drink, with the whole Kingpin thing apparently settled, he was smiling and relaxed . I thought his appearance in She-Hulk carried on that relaxed, happy Matt.

Charlie Cox really expresses a lot with his face. He's great to watch.
    I could go with another Defenders series with Matt, Jen, Jessica, and Luke. I read somewhere Finn Jones throwing out the idea of a Heroes for Hire series; I could go with him too if the writers could handle him the right way.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  3. The Scrooge Doctor

The Scrooge Doctor Bah humbug! Premium Member

Yes, please! I'm one of the few people who loves The Defenders, but even if I didn't, more of all of them is always good.

I need Daughters of the Dragon to happen first!

Commander Troi likes this.
  4. Holiday Possum

Holiday Possum Christmas is coming Moderator

Matt holding his boots doing the walk of shame still in his full costume is my favorite visual in the entire MCU. I know they live on opposite coasts, but I need more of Matt and Jen. They have great chemistry.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man of Steel explained it too.

They can only have sex in the bath tub.

(At least, we did see them have sex in the Bath Tub once, so it's an assumption that they can only every have sex in a filled with something like water (liquid chocolate maybe?) tub so that unavoidable injury to Lois can be mitigated.

6. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nailed it.

I honestly thought this felt like a Mat who moved on from his really bad demons and found more happiness in life but still pretty tough as nails (in sofar a Netflix show can portray that). I enjoyed it.

7. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

some state bar exams are recognised across multiple states.

Pass the California bar exam and you can practice anywhere in the U.S (source my brother who passed it).

8. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

This one was a LOT of fun, and holy crap my blood was boiling for Jen at the end. I hope they track that jackass down and she throws him through any number of brick walls.

I really don't like the designer Luke Jacobson, though. He's very catty, and condescending. That kind of behavior always turns me off, even though it's played for big ham. I never cared for it at all, and it makes it extraordinarily difficult for me to like him. You might say "he's an eccentric artist," and I don't care. I hate that kind of personality and have nothing for it.

All seriousness aside, great episode overall, and Daredevil's such a cutie.

9. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

You’d think with this show being a comedy that the echo location discussion would lead to her comparing him to a bat, and hence Batman.
    The joke was right there. :)

Commander Troi and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  10. Dee1891

Dee1891 Captain Captain

I had no problems with the way Danny Rand was handled on Netflix, especially since Season One of "Iron Fist" is one of my favorite seasons of that franchise. Both Finn Jones and Mike Coulter had great chemistry and I would have loved to see them together in a "Heroes For Hire" series. As for Daredevil's appearance in this series, my feelings are . . . . eh. Aside from Season One, I was never a fan of "Daredevil".

LaxScrutiny likes this.
  11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and need them to give us Daredevil: Born Again immediately.

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

"Sonar. Just like a..."
    "Submarine. Like a submarine, Mr. Wayne."

Commander Troi and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  13. LaxScrutiny

Or it was a shout-out to his next future appearance in D+ series entitled Echo? I think it was both, which made it doubly cool. :) I think it was triply cool how Jen immediately got it and gave it a simple term that Matt had never thought to use.
    I agree with you that season one of Iron Fist was worth watching. As to the Defenders: he grew up with, and was shown to be, regularly meditating. I found his portrayal as an out of control hot-head ridiculous.

That said, to each their own. You liked his portrayal; I found it absurd. Meditation and martial arts have calmed me down and saved me throughout my life. I could only wish I was trained as a child, but not if I turned out like Danny Rand. Hence my dislike for that choice the writers took.

Look, I get that the overall Defenders plot needed Danny to get tricked into breaking that wall. The way they did it pretty much butchered a character I grew up admiring.

I'm not a huge fan of the way he loses control and turns into a green-hoodied rage monster.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  14. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty much. Though I think people are confusing tone with personality; while 'Daredevil' was a dark and gritty show, Matt was still a charmer at times (like seriously, I think he's had more on screen sex partners than just about every other MCU hero combined) and had a very wry sense of humour. This show just emphasised that side of him more.

Also worth remembering that it's been a while since all of that went down. IIRC the last season of Daredevil took place in '17, while this show takes place in either '24 or '25 depending on who you ask (or both, depending on how much time has already passed over the course of the first season.) That's at least two or three years if he blipped, but seven or eight if he didn't! Either way, it's plenty of time for him to have moved on and found some equilibrium in his life.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  15. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I haven't seen it yet ( had a horrible day yesterday and went to bed as soon as i came home) but it seems it is a very good one. A friend of mine regularly rips the show to pieces, she hates it and only waited until Daredevil appeared and she didn't hate that episode ( why she still watched the entire run is beyond me, she just could have read reviews to see if it's the episode he appears in).

LaxScrutiny likes this.
  16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So it’s been noted that Matt Murdock has apparently improved his parkour skills.

17. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

He’s using MCU physics now.

18. LaxScrutiny

Naw, he was always that good. He just uses it as needed. He may have been showing off a bit because, you know, Jen was watching. ;)

Just wait until Jen is getting attacked by hundreds of Hand Ninjas with anti-gamma shuriken and ninjato. He's always had that in him.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  19. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I have seen a spoiler clip the day before the episode aired when She Hulk smashes the roof and he's about to fall into the crack but vaults out of it Spiderman style.

That took me a bit out of the entire thing. The Netflix show had him more or less realistically but here he seems much more agile than normal for eben a well trained human, i'm not sure i like it.

LaxScrutiny likes this.
  20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

That was great, and I've never watched the Netflix show but I like Cos as Daredevil and he and Jen had great chemistry.

Loved DD's walk of shame.

I do want Jen to tear the heads off the people who did that at the end though :(