Spoilers She-Hulk: Attorney at Law discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Nombrecomun

Nombrecomun Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed it. It didn't take itself seriously. It seems like there won't be other seasons. The reaction to the show was quite negative.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Then you clearly haven't read this thread. Many of the people who reacted to this show so negatively are the ones the show were calling out in the first place.

3. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She-Hulk is the first live-action MCU show which was actually written like a TV show, rather than an overstuffed movie cut into six bite-sized chunks.

I think it was very effective at what it wanted to do. People are just upset because they had completely different expectations.

Commander Troi and LaxScrutiny like this.
  4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree with all of this! The writing was top notch--and I love how they made the internet trolls who had been campaigning against the show, the big bad of the series--anticipating the reaction to the show well before it went to the cameras. The only thing that could have made it better would have been Carol Danvers--I would have loved to see a conversation about misogynistic fan boys between the two of them.

5. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes at the beginning, but they gave up on the premise entirely by the last two episodes.