Set blueprint exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Redgeneral, May 10, 2014.

1. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

@seanr did you just forget your old login or were you never around TBBS to begin with? For some reason or another I thought I saw your work here but that could also have been an SFM thing of course...

2. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles will sell no wine before its time Premium Member

I thought that name looked familiar! I remember following Sean's postings over at 3D Gladiators back in the day. :)

3. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

Notice my "joined" date? I'm guessing there must have been a server crash or something at some point, because I was very much active around here in the day. Frankly, I myself would very much like to know what on earth happened to all that history. Any board admins hanging around on this thread? ;)

I am indeed back. See these threads over at SFM:
    https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/dis...ng-new-after-15-years-tmp-corridor-set#latest
    https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/dis...lass-bridge-reconversion-ts-lw-blender#latest

And an actual mesh release:
    https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/dis...he-final-frontier-era-parts-collection#latest

cardinal biggles likes this.
  4. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

BTW, even if I can't get my old posts back, it would be nice to have my rank restored. ;)

Atolm likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael Set to stun Moderator

I'm not an admin, but it looks like we might have lost most of your content at some point in the past, I'm afraid. Probably in a move to a new forum software. Maybe you'll have some luck looking for it on the Internet Wayback Machine, but even there a lot of stuff is missing.

That your post count is gone is weird, but I think I remember stories of a big purge many years ago where everyone's post count was reset. You must have gone a pretty long time. I don't think any of it can be restored. You could ask in the Questions, Suggestions, Feedback section, but I don't think there's anything that can be done.

6. cardinal biggles

If memory serves, there's two things that could be at work here:
    1. The "Great Purge," which happened around Christmas 2002, when the gang at Troll Kingdom crashed the board and Christian had to restore it from backups, resulting in some folks losing post count, and others needing to re-register completely.
    2. In the past, old threads and inactive users were regularly pruned to try and free up space on the server. I believe it's been a long time since they had to do that, and I don't remember it ever affecting anybody's post count if they were still an active user.

Michael likes this.
  7. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lol that's something I should've done before going all omg why u a newb 'cause u no newb. Time flies huh. I just noticed I've been around since 2004...

8. batboy853

batboy853 Commander Red Shirt

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Lt. Washburn likes this.
  9. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

@batboy853 that link appears to be dead.
    --
    Has anyone around here ever come across any bridge set plans for Star Trek V, VI or Generations (Ent-B)? I've got some questions that I haven't been able to nail down with anything I've found. As far as I'm concerned they can be for any of those four bridges since they're all the same parts.

10. cardinal biggles

@Donny or @Rekkert might know; Donny was working on the TUC Enterprise-A bridge a while ago, and Rekkert has a number of commissions in his thread that work with elements of that set.

11. batboy853

Updated the link in the post:
    https://propstoreauction.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/267/lot/62734/?url=/m/search/?page=1&view=grid&key=star%20trek%20voyager&sale=undefined&catm=any&order=timeleft&live=no&timed=no&regular=no&buynow=no&makeoffer=no&xclosed=no&featured=no

As far as the bridge @JoeRalat at one point in time had posted on a thread somewhere blueprints of the Ent-B Bridge ceiling, and the back half that was built. However if memory serves the images stopped working over year ago.

There is also schematics to the Equinox bridge on @Redgeneral 's archive (has anyone heard from him at all??), When they filmed the Voyager Episode Flashback, they needed to build a new Excelsior set, but it was a cheap knockoff that they built in a fraction of the time, for a fraction of the cost:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Rekkert likes this.
  12. JoeRalat

JoeRalat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Please ask your question..maybe I can help.

The Equinox was not a redress of the Enterprise-B The Enterprise-B Bridge was a redress of the Enterprise-A bridge and after the scene was filmed in Generations of the Enterprise-B it was redressed as the amargosa observatory and trashes at the end of the movie. When voyager did the Flashback episode it was a “new” set a lot was not correct on that set.

The only thing left of the Excelsior/Ent-A/Ent-B was the fiberglass door sections that was reused on the Enterprise-E and I think the workstations. Some construction photos of the Enterprise-E has the workstations with circular holes for TOS Movie Graphics. I think the viewscreen was also saved and reused on the shows (including Voyager)

BorgMan, Rekkert and cardinal biggles like this.
  13. batboy853

Reworded my post for clarification,

14. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

Unfortunately, anything from Star Trek Voyager (including the knock-off Excelsior bridge) is frankly garbage in terms of reference material for movie era stuff, though the Equinox and Prometheus bridges are decent designs in their own right (I actually did the Equinox set about fifteen years ago). They didn't make more than a passing attempt at accuracy with the Excelsior bridge, sadly.

15. cardinal biggles

I remember that! I used to have a copy of the rendering you did of a Christmas tree on the Equinox bridge and used it as a desktop image during the holidays until I had a hard drive failure a few years ago.