Set blueprint exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Redgeneral, May 10, 2014.

1. batboy853

batboy853 Commander Red Shirt

2. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would have been such a glorious publication!

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

I remember seeing the teaser photos for this. While an exceptionally ambitious project, it had some serious accuracy issues. For the money they were going to be asking for the build, it should have come with its own warp core.

4. QuinnTV

QuinnTV Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What were the accuracy issues?

5. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

FYI, all the 3D models of the bridge and consoles on that publication are very inaccurate. Cool to look at, but should not be used as a resource when trying to reproduce them.

We... let's just say got a hold on this unreleased material back in the Stage 9 days (in fact we reproduced some of it like the interior of the torpedo) so I did went through it while making my Enterprise-D bridge, and ended up using none of it.

The brand new stuff such as the escape pods, the cutaways and the various views of the ship's equipment are amazing though, as is the actual information on the pages.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    M2m and cardinal biggles like this.
  6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

The two most glaring issues were the horribly designed main navigational deflector and the wrong window configuration for Ten Forward. The general shape of it also seemed to be... off. Some of it would be subjective, of course, and there are those who would gladly own something like that regardless of the inaccuracies. All I remember is that it was canceled, likely because of the accuracy complaints that saturated the net at the time of the promotional photo releases.

7. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles will sell no wine before its time Premium Member

Just eyeballing the renderings of Picard's chair, I could tell the little armrest controls looked too wide for what we saw.

8. batboy853

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

10. batboy853

11. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That Galaxy-esque ship? Yeah, I think it's just a Galaxy. There's time-correct shuttles flying around and the curvature of the pylons looks correct as well...

12. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very cool stuff :) thanks for sharing!

13. Count

Count Commander Red Shirt

14. BorgMan

That Bridge plan... I take it the situation table is scaled correctly? That would make my modelling endeavour so much easier...

15. Lt. Washburn

Lt. Washburn Commander Red Shirt

Those are several years old, but maybe they aren't all in the archive, thanks.

16. Count

Has anyone heard from RedGeneral in a while? I'm a little concerned he's been gone for nearly 12 months according to his last login.

I am tempted to start backing up the frogland archive just in case.

17. BorgMan

I was thinking about it myself as well. I really hope he is well but I fear for the worst...

18. batboy853

Anyone know if he has participated in any other boards? I've also been thinking about starting to backup what has been collected there, but just have not had the time.

19. Count

I've noticed the DA account that's linked in the voyager/runabout project has been active only a month ago, whether that's him or not, i dont know.

Lt. Washburn likes this.
  20. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

This took me a LOT of work to find, based on my memory of it from over 15 years ago. Someone had sent me the scan back then and I went to considerable trouble to extrapolate the dimensions as best I could. The result was a huge part of the high degree of accuracy in my second gen set models. I've been searching for it on and off over the last few days and finally found, not the source image I used, but my actual marked up version, on Memory Alpha of all places:

[​IMG]
    via https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Constitution_class_sets

BTW, I came up with those dimensions (you can clearly see the overlaid ones) by using the measure tool in Photoshop and extrapolating from the few dimensions that were present in the original. I am _very_ glad I found that with the markups.

cardinal biggles likes this.