Set blueprint exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Redgeneral, May 10, 2014.

1. Lt. Washburn

Lt. Washburn Commander Red Shirt

Looking forward to it! I still remember when Voyager first aired and I was trying to make sense of the corridor layout. I knew they were built from the TNG sets, but they were different enough to be confusing at first, the way they brought it down the side of engineering, instead of through the main area like TNG.

Redgeneral likes this.
  2. Lt. Washburn

Redgeneral likes this.
  3. batboy853

batboy853 Commander Red Shirt

Wow, I always thought that was just a concept that never made it to the drawing board. Imagine the state of disrepair that full scale constitution class would have been in by the time the experience at the Hilton shut down.

4. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles Patron Saint of Dangerous Driving Premium Member

I was amazed when I found out someone actually put out the idea of building a giant replica Enterprise in the middle of Las Vegas. Back in my early days on here there was a troll (of the stupid, relatively harmless, time-wasting variety) who would start threads proposing that we should get Bill Gates to finance the construction of a life-sized, fully-functional Enterprise-B that could be used as some sort of tourist attraction. I thought he was nuts, but maybe we were wrong. :o

5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Oh, I completely forgot about Enterprise-B guy! Of all the ships to choose, too.

cardinal biggles likes this.
  6. Redgeneral

Redgeneral Commander Red Shirt

A very nice find - I've uploaded the images to the Experience folder
    http://archive.frogland.co.uk/#15444655187362

I know a full size Enterprise would have been too ridiculous to work, and yet I still wish it had been built.

TrekMD, Rekkert and Lt. Washburn like this.
  7. Redgeneral

Voyager Project v5.0.0 is now released with the Corridor Layout section added.
    PDF: https://www.deviantart.com/radishdalek/art/The-Voyager-Project-set-blueprints-680169230

One small change to the project is the structuring of the contents pages. Now each section gets its own content pages. This change is just to make the project easier to organise and means I don't have to rejig the entire order of contents for each new release.

8. Lt. Washburn

Digging in!

Redgeneral likes this.
  9. batboy853

Wow, amazing work!

Redgeneral likes this.
  10. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fantastic work. Such precision!

Redgeneral likes this.
  11. batboy853

Found this today. Blue prints for the quarters / mess hall built for Nemesis. Also seeing the weapons locker they built for the montage scene before the Scimitar attacks.
    https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/en...002.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

While it is True that they used voyager's quarters for Insurrection, the voyager sets had been torn down and for Nemesis they needed to build a new set. Also seeing the sickbay set they built too in these!

Redgeneral, Lt. Washburn and Rekkert like this.
  12. Redgeneral

@batboy853 - Very nice find. I've uploaded the images to the archive.

13. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

This Picard folder seems to have gone missing - it just redirects to the main index and I don't see it listed there.

14. Redgeneral

Lt. Washburn likes this.
  15. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

Thanks, just saw it was back. :)

16. seanr

seanr Ensign Newbie

BTW, that site is a godsend for me - I'm on it basically multiple times a day, same with Trekcore, so thank you for that! LOL

Redgeneral likes this.
  17. Redgeneral

I've been doing some research into the TNG door labels and produced two diagrams showing every identifiable door label - its location and content. It should be noted that the labels were often replaced to repurpose a room or to indicate a different deck, so some doors have multiple labels listed.

Unfortunately not all the labels are clear / in focus/ or close enough on screen and so where detail is not discernible, I have added question marks to indicate this.

Stage 9 door labels: http://archive.frogland.co.uk/#15444734874999/16147249869099

Stage 8 door labels: http://archive.frogland.co.uk/#15444734874999/16147249865263

Interestingly Data's door label is "LT CMDR NFN NMI DATA", as in No First Name, No Middle Initial

Lt. Washburn, Donny and Rekkert like this.
  18. Lt. Washburn

This is amazing. Every time I do a research project I can never seem to finish it because I get worn out before I can get through every episode.

Yes, the NFN NMI shows up on his Starfleet Diploma as well!

19. Disposable_Ensign

Disposable_Ensign Lieutenant Newbie

[​IMG]

from memory alpha. DS9 promenade set blueprint

publiusr likes this.
  20. Redgeneral

Lt. Washburn likes this.