Spoilers Season 3 wild speculation

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Dr Helen Noel, May 15, 2022.

1. Beyerstein

Beyerstein Captain Captain

could Vadic be an ex borg? looks like she has scars on her face

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Possible. Didn't like how Starfleet handled the liberated Borg after the Collecitve fell and was resentful of how they were treated by the Romulans maybe? Since Romulus had already been destroyed, Vadic focuses all her range on the Federation. I'm always leery of "Khan-level Villain" marketing tropes, as they never measure up - especially when they wind up actually being Khan. We'll see how this plays out.

Danja and The Wormhole like this.
  3. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Doubt it. Apart from major characters, each season so far has been independent of the previous. Reviving the XB subplot isn't going to happen.

Danja likes this.
  4. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

She's Miss Carmichael's great...great-granddaughter and wants the rent with interest!

(Yes, Twain said he'd pay it. Isn't it great they paid that much attention when they wrote that script?)

Vasquez Rocks likes this.
  5. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I was just thinking about this. The TOS Movies, from TWOK to TUC, are kind of like a 10-episode season of modern serialized television. If TUC didn't take place much later, it would be a perfect fit. They managed to fit five different stories into 10 hours while still having an overall arc.

They won't do this, but it would've been great if PIC Season 3 had a string of TNG Movies that were never made but had an overall arc, ultimately ending with the TNG version of TUC. I still don't know if "TNG's Star Trek VI" will be spread through all 10 hours, though probably, but it's another way they could've gone.

But DSC Season 4 was TMP, and PIC Season 2 was TVH, so I expect PIC Season 3 to be TUC throughout. PIC Season 1 was a little more loosely TSFS (still mourning Data's death, Starfleet becoming more beauacratic, breaking off on his own to find Soji, finally having a meeting with Data, dying and coming back to life... )

ozzfloyd, Captain_Amasov and Danja like this.
  6. cal888

cal888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some highlights from RMB's latest live stream... only one of the episodes (of the rough cuts anyway) was under 50 minutes in length. Episode 5 has a massive tear jerker moment. There are multiple main characters that aren't even in the NYCC trailer. Finally there is no time travel, but at the end of the season there is a "time jump".

Uhura's Song and Danja like this.
  7. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wonder if the time jump is when we see the Enterprise-F "launch". Like what we had with the end of Star Trek VI retiring the A and Generations with the launch of the B, which happened within the same year.

8. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Could be a time jump from the Enterprise E going boom? Well it would have been if I was in charge! Enteprise F could come in to play later in the first few episodes, with a big reveal in space dock like when the ‘great experiment’ excelsior was revealed in TSFS/TFF. Picard and a few of his old Ent D crew can travel in a pod and do a fly by of the new big E?:shrug:

9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Based on what he's said before, I doubt it.

10. GaiusBaltarBand

GaiusBaltarBand Lieutenant Red Shirt

It would be fun if some of you could spring board off this idea and speculate on what is motivating the season 3 antagonist.

She clearly has a grievance with Picard, perhaps his TNG crew. Is Crusher a target or simply a means to lure in Picard? The events of Insurrection are an event in which someone could end up having a big problem with the TNG crew. Perhaps Vadic was from a world suffering from a disease that could have been saved by the Son'a's collector. That said, how widespread would knowledge of that event be? Are there any other situations from TNG in which Picard's, or the crew's, action would cause someone to have bitter resentment. There must have been some decisions that seemed like the best route within the episode, but if imagined from the "losing" side was a gross injustice.

A few other clues: The destruction of an older Federation outpost. Perhaps a museum or embassy. Vadic takes offense to the Federation in general. We know Beverly is out past the edges of Federation space on a civilian medical mission that involves some fallout from the Dominion War. This would leave me to believe Vadic's issue is with being on the losing side of the Dominion War, but that doesn't pull much weight since any involvement the Enterprise had was unseen during the war. I'd bet what Vadic is reacting to is some event we've seen. My top guesses: the destruction of the Son'a collector or Locutus' attack at Wolf 359. I'd be impressed if it's something more obscure.

Another wildcard, Thomas Dekkar, the actor who played Picard's kid in the Nexus, makes an appearance in the trailer. It seems deliberate to hire him and show him.

I'm finding it hard to imagine a situation in which someone waits until Picard is 100 years-old to get their revenge. Maybe she only recently learned Picard was the cause of her grievance?

Uhura's Song likes this.
  11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean, this is the same series that had Jay Karnes in Season 2 and not as Ducane.
    Though I believe that was because Terry had worked with him before on 'Twelve Monkeys'

Danja likes this.
  12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or it could mean Moriarty is not the only holodeck character coming back and we are in fact going to see a grown up version of Henry Burleigh.

13. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

How many times has the Enterprise been destroyed so far? :confused:

It was last destroyed in Star Trek: Beyond.

It isn't a franchise unless the E goes BOOM! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

14. GaiusBaltarBand

GaiusBaltarBand Lieutenant Red Shirt

The scene with Thomas Dekkar looks to be the same scene with Raffi and Worf fighting. Could be clever editing. I'd be surprised if Matalas went with a Picard's long lost son plot, seems silly. Not that I have high hopes based on the first two seasons, but I keep some hope that the third Matalas season is good.

15. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not necessarily. Star Trek has repeatedly used actors, even very high profile ones (David Warner played three different characters, including in back to back films). So, it could be as simple as the right actor for the right price with the right schedule.

Danja likes this.
  16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

[Laughing in Jeffrey Combs]

17. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Let’s be thankful they haven’t announced Vaughn Armstrong in a role.

JRob94 and Danja like this.
  18. Timofnine

Could Kevin Bacon be the Captain of the Titan? But he would just have to be called Captain Kevin Bacon.

19. Timofnine

With a number one called Groot!
    *just watching the film for the first time now, hehe. :D

20. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

It'll be Captain Crunch.

Danja likes this.