Picard Season 2's Time Travel Will Fix Season 1's Biggest Mistakes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by USS Excelsior, Jul 3, 2021.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    Q doesn't pique my interest.

2. Llywela

Llywela Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Fair enough, but there is no need to assume the worst about every other storyline of the season just because you don't like Q. You have absolutely no way of knowing whether the story threads that interested you last season will be picked up on or not, but you keep talking about it as a done deal anyway, assuming the worst based on nothing but your own fears and biases. Maybe I'm naive, but I had thought better of you than that.

NCC-73515 likes this.
  3. fireproof78

None of it is a done deal. The indicators are not ones that inspire much confidence, especially the idea of using a reset button to undo mistakes of the past season. Now, it isn't done at all, but the idea of it is rather off putting.

Sorry to disappoint you.

4. Llywela

Llywela Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Isn't the notion of a reset button to undo the first season just a fan theory? There has been no official information to indicate any such thing, not that I've seen. The teaser implies time travel or an exploration of alternate timelines, but that's a very different thing than specifically undoing development they just spent a full season exploring.

I saw a lot of similarly outrageous fan theories ahead of season one, which alarmed a lot of people here, but none were proved true when the show actually aired.

I find it easier to be optimistic than to assume the worst. We'll find out soon enough. And going into it with an open mind makes for a far more enjoyable viewing experience!

5. fireproof78

We shall see.