Picard film in development

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Danja, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll watch it.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  2. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

I can't help but cringe every time I see her in those outfits. Especially the silver one.

The Wormhole, JRob94 and fireproof78 like this.
  3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The worst part about those silly catsuits is that all three actresses who wore them, Marina Sirtis, Jeri Ryan and Jolene Blalock all looked much better when we see them wearing Starfleet uniforms.

Tiran O'Saurus, Victoria and HotRod like this.
  4. HotRod

Major Kira's uniform was also pretty tight fitting.

The Wormhole likes this.
  5. The Wormhole

True, although Nana Visitor claims the formfitting version she began wearing in S4 was actually more comfortable than the uniform she wore in the first three seasons.

HotRod likes this.
  6. HotRod

Fair enough. Though with the rest, I can't help but feel they're a bit of a black mark on the franchise. Like.... they really made them wear that?! I get trying to have a add a little sex appeal to a show..... but Jesus. They ain't even trying to hide the fact they hired these women for pure T&A.

The Wormhole likes this.
  7. The Wormhole

Oh definitely. Hell, even though everyone else ridiculed her as looking like a "space cheerleader" I actually thought Marina Sirtis looked better in the skant uniform in Farpoint and it did a much better job of being the "sexy outfit" than those catsuits with the plunging neckline ever did. The less said about the outfit she wore for the rest of the first season the better.

Seven's outfit is rather an embarrassment, all things considered. I'm a little lenient with T'Pol's outfit from the first two seasons as the intent is that's supposed to be a Vulcan service uniform, though I noticed Vulcan males dress rather more conservatively while on duty.

HotRod likes this.
  8. HotRod

Agreed. At least it was a uniform.

Indeed. I can't recall a single other Vulcan wearing anything that even approached being a "catsuit."

fireproof78 and The Wormhole like this.
  9. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They are a black mark.

The Wormhole and HotRod like this.
  10. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The silly thing about the catsuits is they're not noticeably that different from the bodysuit pajamas the men wear.

11. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

Well, I don't think that Picard needs to marry Baverly just because of Jack.

JRob94 likes this.
  12. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After seeing Jack & Beverly, he doesn't, but I would think his lingering feelings towards Beverly is still somewhere in him.
    It's not like he can make his long history/memory/relationship with Beverly go away.

It would be easier for everybody involved that he marries both ladies and happily retire to the Chateau to having 2x wives.

13. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

Well, I think that Picard and Beverly relation is already a history. Jack can glue their relationship. But it's too late with Laris is on their way. But it doesn't matter, isn't it, they can still be a friend.

JRob94 likes this.
  14. KamenRiderBlade

Laris seems quite understanding/mature.

I think she will understand JLP's past history, his newly discovered biological son, his ex on/off again lover & accept being in a polygamous relationship.

It's not like Laris didn't know about how much his old crew meant to him.

It's not like JLP's feelings for Laris disappeared either, it's still there.

And it's the 24th century gosh darn it, polygamy should be a natural / normal thing.

As long as everybody involved signs on the dotted line for the marriage certificate, I don't see the problem.

Plus, there are benefits to the 3x of them being together in a Polygamous relationship.

Laris has a Sister-Wife who's the head of StarFleet Medical that she can trust.

Laris herself is Ex-Tal Shiar, so any Spy/ Tal Shiar related info can help out Beverly in her line of work.

JLP's knowledge as a StarFleet Admiral is vast.

So it works to everybody's personal/professional relationship.

Also, JLP is getting older, and taking care of each other is a full time job.

If everybody involved is working towards the same common goal, it should be fine.

15. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

But Picard and Beverly marrying complete the story between them that been ongoing since the first season of TNG.

Agreed.

16. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Polyamorous. Polygamy is a different thing.

17. The Wormhole

I dunno, considering Laris herself basically disappeared after the S3 premiere...

HotRod likes this.
  18. HotRod

The fact they just tossed her character away without so much as a second thought is one my biggest problems with the series.

Nerys Myk and The Wormhole like this.
  19. KamenRiderBlade

Isn't Polyamorous being intimate with multiple people simultaneously?
    While Polygamy is being married to multiple people simultaneously?

Can't JLP have both?

Laris promised to save him a seat at a bar at Chaltok IV. She also advised Picard to mind himself, kissed him, and departed alone.

After the events of ST:PIC S3, there was a MASSIVE time jump of ~1 year to see Jack's new station on the Enterprise-G.

Alot must've happened in JLP's life that we didn't get to see post Borg Queen Revenge incident until the point where Jack is getting appointed to the Enterprise-G.

I'm REALLY rooting for Laris & Beverly to be happily in love with JLP and to be married to him.

He deserves a happy life, and I'm sure his Chateau has more than enough room for all of them.

The next time I see him on screen post ST:PIC S3, I want to see him beam in or enter a room with both his wives one on each side of his arm.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  20. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

Sir Patrick would probably LOVE the idea of JLP having two wives so I can see him going along with this. :shifty:

I'm still on team "ditch the guy and get married to each other" for Laris and Crusher tho.