Picard film in development

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Danja, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

They're going to have to hustle to get this bad boy going.

Sir Patrick isn't getting any younger. :rolleyes:

2. Citiprime

Citiprime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Via TrekMovie.com, in the latest episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Patrick Stewart was a guest and indicated a Star Trek script featuring him was in development.

“So it’s an ongoing procedure for me. I heard only last night about a script that is being written, but written specifically with the actor, Patrick [Stewart], to play in it. And I’ve been told to expect to receive it within a week or so. I’m so excited because it sounds like the kind of project where the experimentation that I want to do will be essential for this kind of material. It’s good at 83…”​

The people over at TrekMovie were able to find out the interview was recorded in "early November" while Stewart was making the publicity rounds promoting his memoir, Making It So.

There's multiple possibilities as to what this could be.
    • Back in October, Stewart floated the idea of a Picard feature film.
    • It could be a follow-up to the Section 31 film. And may indicate that Paramount wants to move Star Trek more towards TV movie events than ordering up new series, since Section 31 is supposed to be the first of a series of Trek movies for Paramount+.
    • Since Stewart says he'll "play in it," this could either be a Picard-centric script for a TV movie or maybe a pilot script for Star Trek: Legacy? Or maybe they could use a Picard TV movie as a backdoor pilot for Star Trek: Legacy.
    • It could be none of that and just feature Picard in it. I mean it's possible the cadets in Star Trek: Starfleet Academy watch something with Picard in it.

Omegaphallic likes this.
  3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I gotta say, I'm simply not interested in anymore Star Trek with Patrick Stewart in it.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'd much prefer Legacy.

Omegaphallic and grimorie like this.
  5. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

One last ride....... again.

6. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

How many times can one man go on one last adventure?

7. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With all respect for Patrick Stewart and all love for the Picard character....
    After that show I have zero interest in any further instalments of Star Trek featuring Picard.

Kahloke, ED-209, Anduinel and 4 others like this.
  8. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd be glad if they made a Picard movie but they better fast track it quickly Patrick wants to do a movie I hope it happens..I'd see Ed Speelers return as Jack Crusher and other Picard cast members too .I'd like to see Soji again too.

9. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

So very tired…

10. El Maestro

El Maestro Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am a huge TNG fan…I love the character (not the version from the movies)…loved the conclusion and send off in S3…and even I do not think this is necessary. I’ll watch it if they make it but if I’m not clamoring for it I’m wondering who is!

11. ChallengerHK

ChallengerHK Captain Captain

He doesn't even have enough breath to deliver a complete line, yet he wants to be an action hero.

TroiFan4ever, Danja and grimorie like this.
  12. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who said anything about being an "Action Hero"?

He just wants some screen time, let the young actors/actresses do the "Action Hero" stuff.

Personally, I want the 3x Sons of JLP to team up and go on a wild adventure.

- Jean-Luc Picard After-Story -
    In my head canon, Picard is Wesley's Step-Father & Picard has 2x Wives (Polygamy is a common & legal thing in the UFP)
    Picard is married to Beverly & Laris
    Laris & Picard both later on adopt Elnor as their "Adopted Son".

So Picard would effectively be:
    - Step-Father to Wesley Crusher
    - Biological-Father to Jack Crusher (Jack will eventually adopt a Hyphenated Crusher-Picard sur-name)
    - Adopted-Father to Elnor, (Elnor will eventually adopt the Picard sur-name)

The 3x sons of Picard will go on wacky & fun adventures through-out time & space thanks to Wesley being a Traveler while still making time to come home & see "Mom's & Dad" at the Chateau.

Omegaphallic likes this.
  13. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I'll hold off on weighing in until there's more information.

14. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

15. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I could see a movie for Paramount+ in which Picard plays a mentoring role similar to that of Christopher Pike in Star Trek '09. A new cast of Starfleet heroes would really carry the movie.

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing this is Star Trek: Legacy, the second tv-movie after Section 31.

17. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I know Picard s3 was the perfect ending but I know if there is something else, I'll follow it to the end and grab it with both hands!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's called a retirement tour.

Omegaphallic, Markonian and HotRod like this.
  19. SCE2Aux

SCE2Aux Captain Captain

Picard S3 was about saying goodbye and passing the torch, and that felt right. I'm trying to tell myself that I can't say whether I'll like this project or not, what with so little to go on. But considering where we left things with the TNG crew, this movie seems thematically wrongheaded. I'm honestly just confused by this news, perhaps more than the idea of a S31 movie.

Reanok and grimorie like this.
  20. ananta

ananta Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Let’s hope Sir Patrick doesn’t have any creative input:

“It needs more fucking and fighting! Oh, and dune buggies, lots of dune buggies!”

Seriously, though, I’m satisfied with what we got on PIC. Janeway also got her moment on Prodigy.

Somebody give William Shatner a call while he’s still with us.

And Avery Brooks, please; Sisko’s journey still feels unfinished. Although I’m not convinced they’d do justice to DS9.