OT: Announcing ONLY SUPERHUMAN, my first original novel!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Christopher, May 24, 2011.

1. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Huh. I could probably live without all the music & sound effects, but it might make a nice change of pace from the usual run of audiobooks I listen to.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^GraphicAudio specializes in full-cast, fully dramatized audiobook adaptations. They've done adaptations of several of Greg Cox's DC Comics novelizations, among numerous others.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I listened to the sample and really enjoyed it. It definitely helped to move the book up my wish list.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The ones of Greg's books have been terrific. I had no idea they were doing one of "Only Superhuman". I'm going to have check it out as well.

5. Christopher

I'm mainly bumping this thread to post a link to a podcast interview I did with the folks at GraphicAudio about their audiobooks for Only Superhuman and Spider-Man: Drowned in Thunder:

https://soundcloud.com/graphicaudio/all-in-your-mind-10

Also, the mass-market paperback of Only Superhuman is now on sale, so if anyone wants to discuss it, this would be the place.

6. Peak

Peak Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Listened to it yesterday. Great podcast!

The Marvel books and Only Superhuman are in my "will buy soon"-pile.

With this and the forthcoming Sanderson "Mistborn"-adaption, there is a lot I need to get from GA (still don't have all the DC titles yet due to the fact that I've been going through their fantasy selection recently).

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

This just arrived from Amazon. After I finish my current book this is what I'm reading next.

8. Admiral_Young

I forgot that the paperback version was out...I've put it in my cart and hope to order it fairly soon. Still very much looking forward to reading this.

9. Enterprise is Great

The book is really floppy. I could using it to fan myself. It's even floppier than A Choice of Futures was. Very weird.

10. Christopher

^That's interesting... I had the opposite impression. The paper stock in the OS paperback seems a bit heavier and sturdier than in ACOF. Though maybe it is a bit less stiff.

11. Enterprise is Great

Maybe I got a weird copy of it.

12. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished the ebook version yesterday. I'd love a sequel:)

13. Christopher

Upcoming4.me, which bills itself as “an online speculative fiction magazine featuring best content from leading quality publishers and independent authors,” recently asked me to write an essay for their “Story Behind” column, in which authors discuss the genesis of their novels. I’ve talked about the convoluted creative process behind Only Superhuman before on my blog and elsewhere, but on thinking back for this new essay, I managed to find some things to say that I haven’t mentioned before. You can read the essay here:

http://upcoming4.me/news/book-news/story-behind-only-superhuman-by-christopher-l-bennett

14. Christopher

Heads-up: I've posted a new essay on my blog in response to a reader question about the magnitude of the Green Blaze's superpowers. You can read it here:

http://christopherlbennett.wordpres...r-question-measuring-the-green-blazes-powers/

At the end of the essay, I offer the following invitation:
    Or you can just post the questions in this thread, though I'd rather keep the answers consolidated on my blog. And I think that this thread should only be for Only Superhuman-related questions; if you have a Trek-related question, that should probably get its own thread.

15. NotLKH

NotLKH Lieutenant Red Shirt

Chris,

I want to thank you for a great imagination and the effort that you have used to bring it to publication, in your original fiction and all of your tie in stories.

I hope you and everyone have a great and happy New Year, and we all are further recipients of your wonderful works of art!

:)

16. Admiral_Young

I just finally got the e-book version for my Kobo Arc and plan on reading this soon.