On Tuesday, which version of ST:XI will you buy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by B.C., Nov 13, 2009.

1. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Debating on whether or not to show up at Best Buy tonight at midnight. Also still debating on whether or not to go the extra $20 for the one with the stinkin' badges!

2. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I was explicitly told this morning not to buy ST XI when it comes out tomorrow. Guess that means I'm getting it as a gift.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

It is already out in HMV wish I would have got it

4. Volpone_the_Fox

Volpone_the_Fox Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Finally, I can replace that,... ahem,... "unofficial" version,... ahem,... that I have.

5. Yeoman Randi

Suh-weet! :bolian:

6. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Standard Blu-ray

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It turns out I have six or seven CVS Pharmacy Extra Bucks still to my credit and the chain will be selling TREK in its electronics and home entertainment aisle for not a cent over $19.99, so if they have the two-disc version there I can score it for about $12.00 cash max and not have to go to Wally World or Target!

8. Mrs_Whatsit

Mrs_Whatsit Commander Red Shirt

I just found out our local Best Buy is one of the stores doing the midnight thing, so I may be right out there with you, Randi (except, y'know, in Michigan). I'm trying to talk my husband into going with me to get it, since we don't have to get up for work tomorrow and I've never done one of these special midnight release "parties."

He's not as enthusiastic as I am about the idea; go figure... :lol:

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm a Best Buy Reward Zone member, and last night they had a special event just for the members. I walked out of the store with a 37" LG LCD TV for $500, and a $200 LG Blu-Ray player. However, I will wait to buy Star Trek on Blu-Ray until my Reward Zone certificates come in the mail...I'll have enough points that I'll be able to get the BD for free.

10. Yeoman Randi

DUKHAT: we are reward zone members too...we didn't go to the special sales event b/c we didnt need anything. Did they put Star Trek out for sale for you guys??????

MRS WHATSIT: I don't think i'll be able to hit the store tonight at midnight. My DH has to get up and out of the house very early tomorrow for a business trip...so there is no way he'll go out with me. So rather than go myself in the middle of the night, i'll go out first thing tomorrow...*wah* You have to go!! I want to live vicariously through you!

11. Yeoman Randi

Ok, because i am insane, i just called my Best Buy. They are closing the store at 10 pm and then will reopen at midnight for sales of the movie. I asked the girl if they were doing anything special other than selling the movie and she put me on hold...then came back after a bit and said they weren't picking up on that end. She said, "Well, they'll probably be playing the movie on one of the big screen tvs,...but other than that, i don't know..."

So i guess i'm gonna wait til morning....... gah!

12. Cpt Cullison

Cpt Cullison Ensign

i'd go for the blu ray. i can only image the kick ass picture it will have thats my opinion Captain Out

13. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Randi: They did not have the movie. However, one TV was showing what I believed to be scenes from the extras. I was more interested in figuring out which TV to buy:)

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

My Target Enteprise-case BluRay DVD has shipped!

:does happy dance:

15. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I was going to go to Target and get my Star Trek case blu-ray discs, but no, now I'm saddled with babysitting my niece from 8 AM to 5 PM. Just great.

J.

16. B.C.

B.C. Lieutenant Red Shirt

Almost 11 here. I think I'm gonna head out to Best Buy and grab the blu-ray. Then head up on some dark hill and watch the Leonid meteor shower. Hell of a Monday night, I'd say.

17. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

I just got the single-disc DVD - it felt weird to actually *buy* a DVD for once... :D

18. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm tempted to go too, but I think I'm gonna go to sleep instead.

19. B.C.

B.C. Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ah, c'mon! The movie can wait until tomorrow, but meteors dude!

20. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

I live in downtown L.A. I'd have to drive a bit to get somewhere where I'd see anything.